Peltola coax connector?

This push-on connector is used in Tektronix equipment for board-to-board signal connection. Was it ever available outside Tek?

Thanks,

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net

Peltola connectors, or at least cables with the connector, are available from Tensolite. Tek spun off their cables group and the spinoff was acquired some years later by Tensolite. see pp165-166 in their RF/Microwaves catalog

--
aspiring pygalge
Reply to

Thanks, a.p.!

These are looking to be as popular as hen's teeth. Only one supplier...

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net
This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group
Reply to
DaveC

A lot of equipment that I might think would be satisfied with the Peltola style connectors have come to use SMA or SMB or SMC or MCX or MMCX connectors. SMB, MCX, etc., seem like overkill to me compared to the simplicity of Peltolas and Tek's earlier board-to-board coaxial interconnects... but they are cheap and available everywhere.

Lemo has had really nifty high-density (not board to board but chassis to chassis or chassis to instrument) coax connectors for decades too, and while they have come to dominate in a few specific applications, they really haven't caught on widely outside those specific niches.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa