Need some help searching identification

Le 26/11/2011 11:58, Franc Zabkar a écrit :

Hi Franc,

Back to home after two days outside I'll look at that, thanks for your work, I appreciate very much.

All the bests. pf

Reply to
"Pierre-François (f5bqp_pfm)"

Le 25/11/2011 21:06, Franc Zabkar a écrit :

Yes I'm going to do it. pf

AISI

Reply to
"Pierre-François (f5bqp_pfm)"

Production is simple. WIth a 64-bit keynumber and a counter. You get a key escrow system. The dvd either gets or contains a control sequence. It reads the key, does some function on it combind with a simple counter, passes it on. Though the counter may be signed as well.

A 64-bit DES block would be simple to do. Have the DES block info in the flash onboard the PIC. Do the whatever once to get an update validation key. Then write garbage to the DES block info.

If that is the case you can either reverse engineer the serial protocol or the update code on the disc.

You'll need a way to watch or record the data being sent back and forth. You might try sparkfun or seed studios for a bus pirate or logic analyser setup. The USB ones not the standalones.

Good luck.

--
Doors - Dont look at the future in a window.
        Walk to a door - Open it, and go there.

http://www.freedoors.org
http://ata.freedoors.org

http://baencd.freedoors.org