Loud horn to scare squirrels

I've had it! I've put up all kinds of physical obstacles to prevent squirrels from getting to the bird feeder outside my study window, but the gymnastic squirrels keep outsmarting me and mastering the obstacles.

I'd like to be able to push a button on my study desk when I see a squirrel climbing up to the feeder, and have an ear-splitting horn next to the feeder blast him.

I've googled (actually froogled) horns, but don't know what I'm seeing. I would be grately deepful if you could recommend a relatively inexpensive setup.

Thanks Tim Carr

Reply to
Timbo

Put grease on the feeder pole?

David

Timbo wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

Install a second pole a few inches away and use them for a "Jacobs Ladder". ;-)

--
???

Michael A. Terrell
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hey, did'ya see the news today? That's exactly what happened to four boy scout leaders when their tent pole went askew and touched the overhead power lines. They got electrocuted and some others injured. Helluva way to start off a jamboree.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover"

I heard it on the news. The last jamboree I went to was back in the late '60s a scout was trying to cook a minute steak and dumped the grease into the fire. The kid was severely burned over most of his body for that thoughtless act. He was crying "Why me" over and over as they carried him away on the stretcher.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What a pity! My heart is crying.