Looking for a TTL 74 Series Chip

The one I need would be similar to the 74148, but I need it to latch the

3 bit output. I have tried Google, but it always ends up with the 74148, 74238, 74348 or the 3 to 8 line instead.

I am hoping someone remembers using these and could direct me to the proper part number.

Thanks in advance,

- Tim -

Reply to
Tim

I don't but, if all else fails, you may consider implementing the function in a GAL or small CPLD. Or, just add some D flip-flops downstream of the encoder, suitably clocked?

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

"Tim" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@news.aliant.net...

Guess you need a 74278 though I doubt it to be available anymore. FAIK there have not been LS or HCT versions either. As Rich mentioned already the function can be easily programmed in a GAL20V8 or similar. (At least I can do so.) Though unless you making a one of, you better consider another approach as the small GALs tend to become obsolete.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Thanks for the response, but I think I'll just add a latch to the 74148 chip. That seems to be the easiest approach.

- Tim -

--
Email - tempowl@nospam.nbnet.nb.ca (remove the nospam part)

And If I Forgot To Mention My Location, I'm In The Fredericton Area
Reply to
Tim

I guess such a critter does not exist. I will be adding a latch to the

74148 style chip to solve the issue.

Thanks for responses.

- Tim -