Help needed ID'ing a crystal/osc

Can anyone please help ID this part? Even finding the manufacturer would be a massive help. I'm told it came from a Sony PS3 remote controller if that narrows the search. Many thanks. JB

Reply to
JB

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:28:50 -0000, "JB" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The C-M logo may belong to muRata. I have some PTC degaussing resistors (eg PTH451C) that bear a very similar logo.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Looks like a good call there Franc. Murata do produce this sort of device too. I'll contact them directly. Many thanks. JB

Reply to
JB

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:35:24 -0000, "JB" put finger to keyboard and composed:

I suspect it may be a ceramic resonator.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

The published data only has crystals in the reduced metal-capped package but IDing it in a shrinking product line will be a chore.

He should be able to figure out what is needed by circuit function.

RL

Reply to
legg