Modern high-wattage cross compatible wall charger needed (USB-A + USB-A + USB-C & GaN with QC & PD specs

The Troll is back! Please do not feed the troll!

Reply to
Peter W.

Thank you for finding _both_ those 4-port GaN chargers (2x USB-C, 2x USB-A), each of which fits the need for at least two USB-A ports!

The main problem that I see with the first one is only that it doesn't seem to support QC charging (which, to me, makes a charger instantly worthless).

4-port B087MFJY22 2C & 2A

Note: In the future, the number of PD devices in your home may likely supersede the QC devices, but for now, both are needed for many of us.

Luckily, your 2nd selection _does_ support both charging specs (PD & QC)!

4-port supports both QC & PD
/ Woo hoo! Great find! Everyone will benefit (which is the goal, after all).

These are the output specs of your second find as far as I can tell: USB-C1/USB-C2 port: 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/5A USB-A1/USB-A2 port: 4.5V/5A, 5V/4.5A, 9V/3A, 12V/2.5A, 20V/1.5A

To add on-topic technical value to this conversation, here's a review:

Where, in that review, they instrumented heat & power specs checks:

I'm with you that a charger doesn't "need" to be small, especially when it's replacing three or four separate (almost worthless) one-port chargers.

The charger I own was bought on Steve's recommendation on this newsgroup, which I was able to purchase for $9 (about $10 with California sales tax).

3-port QA & PC GaN charger
3-port model CH-GN67W2C1A

I've been watching it for a month, ever since Steve recommended it at the $9 price, and the price fluctuates extremely wildly - almost weekly so.

The only problem I see with that 67 Watt GaN 3-port charger is it's long and heavy... to the point of imbalance when multiple cords are connected.

It tips over too easily; and, of course, it doesn't have two USB-A ports, which, for the next couple of years, is perhaps more useful than two USB-C.

Reply to
Andy Burnelli

Steve is the acknowledged expert on chargers on the smartphone newsgroups. In fact, I usually buy some of the chargers he has recommended over time.

Here's a summary of some of the various multi-port chargers found so far.

3-port model CH-GN67W2C1A

4-port B087MFJY22 2C & 2A
4-port supports both QC/PD
/
3-port USB-A, USB-A, USB-C
4-port three USB-C & 1 USB-A

For the $10 I got that charger for, on recommendation from Steve, it's great; but I wouldn't spend much more only because its long form factor makes it tip easily out of a wall when three cables are attached to it.

3-port QA & PC GaN charger

Reply to
Andy Burnelli