MFC6070 / TAB101 anyone?

x-posted to: alt.ham-radio.marketplace, alt.radio.oldtime, rec.antiques.radio+phono, sci.electronics.components

Hello

In my continuing search for rare components, I'm looking for the following - can anyone help please?

MFC6070 - a Motorola 6 pin "quip" packaged i.c. which is a 1W audio amp (1970s/80s discontinued)

TAB101 - a variously-manufactured germanium transistor ring modulator in a TO-74 or TO-100-10 metal can (TO-5 with ten legs), also 1970s/80s and now discontinued

(See below for more info)

I haven't found any online suppliers, not even via chip brokers. I know I can build replicas from other chips but I'd like to source some drop-in replacements for some restoration work I'm doing on these EMS synthi AKS music synthesisers I have been given. Can anyone help me to find some of these please?

Cheers

RMC, England

from datasheets.org.uk : Part Number = MFC6070 Manufacturer Name = Motorola Description = Single-Channel Audio Power-Output Amplifier Outp Pwr Min. = 1.0 @R(load) (Ohms) = 16 Upper 3dB Frequency (Hz) = 20k AV (dB) Min. = 18 THD Max. (%) = 10 Quies. Pwr (W) = 288m Nom. Supp (V) = 16 Status = Discontinued Package = QUIP Pins = 6

### and ###

Part Number = TAB101 Manufacturer Name = Various Description = Modulator Circuit - Ring Modulator, BVcbo 10V, BVebo 5.0V Status = Discontinued Package = TO-74 Pins = 10 Military = N

Reply to
RMC

Can you cross this into any ECG or NTE type numbers? Or, others like RCA . ??? I have many old solid state components in stock. Mark Oppat

following -

Reply to
Mark Oppat

Mark

I can't find any information on alternative part numbers - I do know that Mullard made the TAB101 and it was around in 1969 and later.

I haven't (yet) identified an MFC6070 cross-reference or other Ge ring mods that might do the job. It was a good suggestion of yours, so I shall keep looking and report back.

Thanks

RMC, England

Reply to
RMC