EPROMs 27256, 2764

Hi,

Does anyone know if I could interchange/combine MBM27256-30 and MBM2764-20 ? Also, can EPROMS of different speeds be used on the same circut? If so, how can I calc the limits such as mixing in 30s, 20s, etc...

Thanks

Reply to
J-vibe

Generally speaking, provided that your CPU bus speed will function correctly with the lower speed devices - in this case 30nS - then it will quite happily allow mixing with higher speed chips such as 20nS devices.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Thank you.

Reply to
J-vibe

MBM2764-20 ?

so, how

IIRC, a 2764-30 is not 30, but 300 nS.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Correct. I am used to dealing with modern memory with speeds in the

10's of nanoseconds and I overlooked the fact that the 30 meant 300 on the 2764. The principle still holds though. :-)

Of course, the OP will need to ensure other specs regarding each device type (which are being mixed) are also compatible.

Reply to
Ross Herbert