electric motor

Hi guys I'm not sure if anyone can answer this. I'm have being looking for a used 5 hp single phase electric motor. The prices vary from $350 (new) to $550 used. My question is are all motors the same if each motor turns at 1800 rpm then each should drive the same load right. Thanks Guys Nikki

Reply to
Nikki

if its 5 HP and they are same type of motor (Async Et) brush less AC type (non-universial) with the same RPM's then yes your all set. how ever there are some different starting types. you have the Capacitor start type and then you have the centrifugal type which uses a gravity switch to turn off high current boost starting coils that are offset to get the motor going in the correct direction.

Nikki wrote:

Reply to
Jamie

used 5