Cheap and available AM receiver chip?

Hello,

I am looking for a cheap and easy-to-use AM receiver chip like the SA614A, but for slightly higher frequencies (carrier up to 50 MHz).

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Tilmann

--
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.
Reply to

DXing for the masses? Melexis' TH7122 transceiver chip is fairly easy to use, and Future shows it as $3.33 in 1pc qty.

At these frequencies, it shouldn't be impossible to build a discrete solution, surely?

Reply to
zwsdotcom

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

No, it's not DX. And the TH7122 supports only FM/FSK/ASK, not AM.

Principally yes, but at more circuit (and development) expense. Some ready-to-use and simple standard circuit would be appreciated.

Tilmann

--
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.
Reply to
Tilmann Reh

Hmm? Since the chip has an analog RSSI out, and the IF bandwidth is set externally, what's the problem with using this part? We use it in "AM" applications. Not at that low frequency, of course.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

OK, I will have a deeper look at the datasheet. Maybe the headlines are just misleading...

Tilmann

--
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.
Reply to
Tilmann Reh

Heh. There are parts from Infineon that do ASK, and yet the datasheet says "FSK chip, for ASK applications see xyz".

Reply to
zwsdotcom

Google on "RSSI" and "receiver" and you'll find a couple of dozen devices that will do your job. You do understand RSSI, yes? And a good AGC loop that will keep the RSSI in the middle of it's curve?

Jim

-- "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)