Capacitor Characteristics - M390 14/02

I am trying to establish the characteristics of a capacitor in a circuit.

It is red, about 1 cm square

It has the following information stamped on it:

M390

14/02 1218 103K

Jan (unreadable)

7408 200V A

I find several references to a 'near hit' number:

M390

14/01 1579

but not this component.

Thanks for any input.

Baumgrenze

Reply to
baumgrenze

If you had Googled for 'm390 capacitor' you would have found a link to this document

on the first page of results.

The capacitor is a KEMET ceramic 10nF, 200V CKR06 as shown on page 4.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Thank you Ross Herbert.

My education is in synthetic organic chemistry.

I tried to make sense of the first hit Google gave me

but I was quickly overwhelmed. That is where I came up with the first reference to M390, 14/01, 1579 .

Thanks again.

Baumgrenze

Reply to
baumgrenze

Hi Baumgrenze, It is a salutory lesson to be reminded that not all posters to this group are experienced in the field of electronics components. Since posts do not convey the age or extent of experience some of us tend to forget this important point when replying. I will endeavour to do better in future.... :-)

Ross

Reply to
Ross Herbert