AT89S52-24PC.

Liberated this part from a scrap Hitachi CD/radio, the "S" in the middle of the number had me not expecting it to be a flash programmable part - but the data sheet seems to suggest it is. Not only that, it supports ICSP.

Can anyone enlighten me on the significance of the "S"?

Thanks.

Reply to
Ian Field

Ian Field schrieb:

You already mentioned it: this one can be programmed by ISP interface (the 89C52 can't).

Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

Thanks.

I didn't think I could get that lucky from a scrap CD/radio I rescued from the bins at the flats.

My jubilation is however somewhat tempered by the fact I only have PIC programming gear.

There is a folder with schematics etc for an Atmel type programmer, but it will of course involve a bit more effort.

Reply to
Ian Field