Looking for an IC MAX1889

I have a MAG LT782 monitor that I am trying to repair. I found the problem, it has a bad voltage regulator on the LC display PWB. The device is a MAX1889 and is a SMD device. It seems I will not be able to buy a single device since the suppliers are not geared to selling repair parts. The data sheet is at:

My options then are to find a display that is scrap and remove the part from it or appeal to those who might have a scrap display for the part. That is what I am doing here.

I hear that it is a commonly used component in such LCD's, so I doubt that it would be limited to a MAG monitor. I removed the old device with a razor blade and feel a repair part could also be removed that way. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Reply to
Ken