3M Shrink Tubing Insulation numbers?

3M's data sheet (from Digi-Key):

says that the EPS-300 tubing's insulation rating is 700V/mil. The 3/16 tubing is 0.020 inches (20 mils) thick, when shrunk, which means it's rated to over

14000 volts?

That just seems a bit high. Is this right?

I simply need about 1500 v insulation for CCFL inverter wiring in a laptop... Thanks,

--
DaveC
me@bogusdomain.net

So you found a product that is overkill for your application. Look some more:

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Probably. 3M is good stuff - I've personally and non-officially done some high-pot/TTD testing on it where the normal, low voltage variety held to 30KV, and one would want the rating to have a safety factor. Mind you, mine was a quick and dirty lab test with a high voltage supply and wires, not any sort of standard test jig, whatever that may look like. It was also 20 years ago - but it certainly puts the number in the right ballpark.

Ecnerwal