Teflon tubing

I'm looking for a supplier of teflon tubing in Australia. In particular I'm after a small quantity of 1/4" OD, 3/16" ID tubing. I'll be cutting it to length to make bushes for the locating dowels for the basket in a breadmaker.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Not sure if you have access to a lathe, but RS sell teflon rod. You might have to buy a metre of it, so could be expensive.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Robinson

Hydraulic companies may be a source to try, I use to have some with a stainless braid on the outside for high pressures.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

"Franc Zabkar"

** Maybe you can use brass tubing ?

Hobby shops all sell it in imperial sizes, in 1/32 inch steps.

Some hobby shops may sell Teflon tubing - model boat builders s use it to run flexible prop drives in.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Stephen Robinson wrote in news:42f74c28$1 @quokka.wn.com.au:

WARNING!. Unless you know what you are doing, it is hazardous to machine teflon, flourine gas may be liberated if the temperature of the teflon near the tool reaches a high enough temperature.

Reply to
Geoff C

Franc Zabkar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Aus Plastics (australia) PTY LTD in Springvale, Melbourne are a small operation which sell PTFE spaghetti tubing. Also EXTECH, a catalog sales company for lab equipment. DOTMAR for large stock sizes and billets.

Reply to
Geoff C