Underwater switches

I have just begun a project for a device that will be submerged in pool water. The depth will be a maximum of ten feet. I am trying to find sealed and booted rocker and toggle switches that will withstand continuous submersion in pool water with a chlorine content of 2-3 ppm. I am also looking for a three-pin panel mount connector that I can use to recharge the batteries in the unit when not in use. This connector will be capped when the unit is submerged.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

C. Ryerson

Reply to
Ryerson

Couple the charging power inductively and use either Hall effect or photo sensing switches; then you can totally seal the unit.

The folks who make artificial hearts and similar devices have dealt with similar problems.

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

In article , Ryerson writes

Try the company "Birns". They supply connectors for underwater use which we have used on ROVs 140-200m depth. Also look for IP68.

Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.