US Robotics 28.8 Sportster

Cleaning up the office piles, found...

US Robotics 28.8 Sportster, PCMCIA PC Card

Useful to anyone, or toss? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Some of those old modems are used to talk to burglar & fire alarm systems. See if any are for sale on Ebay. If nothing else, it might provide a backup connection if a network is down.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Damn Jim, Did you happen to find a Zuckerboard while you were at it?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Only if you also happen to have a legacy laptop with a PCMCIA slot :-)

Jim, I am not sure but it is possible that they still use this stuff in Africa. I just wouldn't know who collects it. Then there's always the thrift store (Hospice). I always ask them before I toss stuff.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Nope. That old machine wasn't used for any graphics, so it was on-board.

The PSpice machine has some kind of fancy ATI (Radeon?) multi-monitor board. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

They're in high demand... $2.99 on eBay, but I'll toss it in the Upward Foundation bag, just in case. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature