Those 45 degrees pads.. how is it done in Gerber?

Hello, I wrote my own PCB design software, which outputs Gerber and raster. One thing that puzzles me, when I see some PCB's (made by others) where the surface mount IC's are at a 45 degrees angle vs the rest is, how do they define those IC pads in Gerber? It can't be done with a traditional rectangular aperture flash (code D03, the one normally used to make pads) as far as I know, because those are either horizontal or vertical, so those 45 degrees pads must be done as traces (Gerber code D01), right?

Thank you! Mike

Reply to
mike

The stuff coming out of Orcad Layout is done as a bunch of regular draws, not as a single aperture.

Reply to
qrk

Flash a Diamond (a square at 45 degrees) at each end then draw between them.

Geo

Reply to
Geo

In PCB, I draw them as polygon fills if they have square ends, or as traces if they have rounded ends.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Aperture macros.

Reply to