spice

[sorry for the x post]

hi all,

what is a good free spice program? possibly with a large opAmp library....

thanks Ivan

Reply to
ivan

LTSpice from Linear Technology

is hard to beat. I think they actually call it SwitcherCad 3.

The built-in op amp library is restricted to parts that Linear Technology makes or second sources, but that is a pretty comprehensive selection, and it is easy enough to pick up Spice models for other manufacturers op amps from the manufacturer's web-site. Finding out where to put these models so that LTSpice can find them is a bit trickier, but you can ask for advice here or on sci.electronics.cad.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

I just put them in lib\\sub, is that wrong?

Reply to
Paul Burke

Either don't cross-post or don't apologize--don't do both.

Learning to use a search engine would be a good skill for you acquire. This has been asked

and answered
MANY times before:

Reply to
JeffM

Hello Paul,

It's ok in principle. It's the first place where LTspice looks for a model file if you don't specify the full path.

I prefer to save models and symbols always into the same directory where I have saved my schematic. If I need a model in five different designs, I save it into everey design directory. This makes it very easy to archive a design. I just zip all the files in the design directory, except the ".raw"-file of course.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

how do you rotate/mirror parts in LTSpice?

thanks again ivan

Reply to
ivan

pick the part up with the open hand, use CTRL+ E, CTRL+R

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

LTSpice comes with a nice manual. And for those that don't want or can't read, there are icons in the editor window that represent rotating and mirroring (using a captial letter as an example though, so I guess we're back at square one for the illiterate).

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

ctrl-R / ctrl-E or the E->m or E->3 icons on the toolbar or rotate/mirror from the edit menu.

Do it before pasting (from the library) or after selecting part(s) to divide/drag

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen