UK PCB Companies List

Hi Folks, I have added a list of UK PCB design, manufacture and assembly companies to my website at the link below. I hope you find this useful.

Best regards, Alan

Engineering Boffin

Time for a code audit of your site. An eximination of your tools and techniques is in order as well.

JeffM

I like the idea of "PCB's with a varying number of layers".

Reply to
Paul Burke

You have given the world a very poor feel for the state of UK electronics.

This list does not include any layout bureau (you've called it PCB design) that I have used. Just look at the cadence website and they list the uk bureas who use their tools.

It also doesn't include any manufacturer that I have used.

I will find your PCB manufacturers list usefull. There has been a major shake up of PCB manufacturers and a lot of companies have been re-named, merged, MBO'd etc because I don't recognise any of those names either.

Colin

Reply to
colin_toogood

I was trying to get the message across that the company may produce PCB's ranging from single layer to multilayer. I have now rewritten this description to clarify. Thanks for the comment, albeit a bit sarcastic ;)

Reply to
Engineering Boffin

That was not my intention, I want to provide a business directory that will promote uk engineering, something I am passionate about. I hope the fact that Engineering Boffin is a personal site run by me in my spare time proves that.

The list is by no means comprehensive, there is an invite to other companies to add their name to the list for free. The fact that it does not at present contain any companies that you have used may be a positive point, now you have more options to explore!

Thanks for your comments Colin, I do hope you find

useful. Regards, Alan.

Reply to
Engineering Boffin

well.http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.engineeringboffin.com/bu...

This is a new site being produced on a budget of 0. I am not a website design expert but I try to code as cleanly as possible, in a quick sweep of the page I have reduced the w3 errors from 133 to 97, I will take a look at the other errors later. My homepage is validated, click the w3 link in the footer at

. Regards, Alan.

Reply to
Engineering Boffin

well.http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.engineeringboffin.com/bu...

This page now validates to w3, you can check it by clicking on the appropriate icon at the bottom of the page. I will roll out the fixes throughout the site and hopefully every page will be valid before long. Regards, Alan.

Engineering Boffin

Eng>This page now validates to w3[...]

Yup. The page looks good.

With your apparent diligence, the site should do well.

I can forgive a lack of knowledge in an out-of-his-field endeavour

--especially when followed by such prompt and conscientious action. I wish everyone reacted this way when notified of non-compliant code. http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:Fhus6KdEmewJ:

Many developers really get their backs up without realizing that standards-compliance is in their best interest. I have this bookmarked as "Don't count on 'a browser' to work the same next week" by Jim Dabell http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:anfcojCuGwgJ:evolt.org/node/60115+*-screwed-these-*-up+*-*-broken-links-everywhere+Large-sections-*-*-disappeared+zz+zz+*-didn't-support-*-proprietary-*-*-*-*-*-*+only-includes-Netscape-*+qq+table-layout-images-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*+it.did.not+*-*-*-*-incorrect-content-type-header

Reply to
JeffM

I prefer my circuits to be a bit more deterministic.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

If you read my above reply to Paul Burke you would have seen that I have rewritten this statement on the webpage to clarify what I meant. How about some helpful responses? Regards, Alan.

/business_directory/uk_electronics/ pcb.html

Reply to
Engineering Boffin