Re: Great Movie Line from an Old Bob Hope Movie

are

You may have to go into System/hardware/device manager and disable the touchpad before you get the mouse control you are looking for or you might goto say logitec and download a USB mouse driver. My solution was to buy a USB mouse.

Charles

Reply to
Charles W. Johson Jr.

Behold, Jim Thompson signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

Hi Jim,

Try uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling the mouse driver. Nearly always works for me! :-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Learner, Alternatively you can devise a special rule to handle this instance.

It is not uncommon for some SMT fine pitch parts today to violate 8 mil DRC spacing. I have several times had to use 7.X mil spacing on particular part's pads.

I note that there is slightly less than 20mils (19.685mils) spacing between your pads. Subtract one pad width from that figure and you will have the minimum spacing between pads. (Assuming the two pads are equal sizes.)

Here is how I would do it.

A) Set up a Pad Class for your U??? Components pads, include all of it's pads. B) In DRC set a new rule using for Scope A the Pad Class that you just created. C) For scope B, set the same pad Class. D) For your minimum clearance set a suitable spacing. E) Make sure that it is set for "Different Nets Only". F) Give your new Rule a name, Click OKAY.

-- Sincerely, Brad Velander

the

package

the

board

Reply to
Brad Velander

I have a Vaio notebook too. You cannot use two different drivers on a single PS2 line, but you can get a Logitech USB-mouse and with mouseware you can select the different devices and both can function simultaneously with their respective drivers. The other possibility is to disable the touchpad (in the setup program), install the right driver for the mouse or better use the normal windows driver and then activate the touchpad again, hoping that it works at least in the basic functions. Fancy pull-and-click will get lost, but since you have the mouse it won't matter.

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy

After many tries at various settings (and cabling) the following works...

Disable HID-compliant (USB) mouse.

Route mouse via PS/2 port (normal speed returns).

Keyboard via USB.

Now I can hang my laptop onto my KVM and utilize yet another CPU for simulations ;-)

...Jim Thompson

My problem is just one of those "Sony knows what you want better than you do you" situations.

Cured by turning off USB mouse drive (HID-complaint), using PS/2 port for mouse and USB for keyboard.

Everything is working just fine.

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim- of course, you do seem to have a software driver problem, but this comes to mind as worth sharing with everyone anyway. I have to tell you, if a mouse starts working erratically (drifting to one corner, slowing down) it can be a sign that the PC's power supply is being loaded down. My main office computer here started showing weird mouse behavior a few days back. I have an optical mouse and when you lifted it, the cursor would slide toward a corner of the screen. Odd in itself, I wondered if I had a virus. Soon, I smelled hot phenolic and fiberglass. Smoke began to come out of the case and the screen went black. The LEDs were still on but the machines was dead. I replaced the power supply (which is typically the cause of such things) and it started right up. After a few seconds, however, smoke was pouring out of the case. I shut it down and opened it, and three power transistors (surface mount jobs) were so hot that they were sliding off their solder mount areas!! One had a hole blown in it, the other two were just along for the ride. They were every other one in the area where the dual rectifiers and power transistors are lined up. I did not have spares, had to get another motherboard, but the lesson was clear. Odd symptoms can be caused by power supply loading or drooping voltages.

Cheers!

Sir Charles W. Shults III, K. B. B. Xenotech Research

321-206-1840
Reply to
Sir Charles W. Shults III

I don't remember a "711" **comparator**

Did you mean "311" ??

...Jim Thompson

One of My High Technology Contributions to Microchip Design...

...Jim Thompson

Aha! But I don't show a model for it, only LMC710 and LMC711 :-(

...Jim Thompson

So you _are_ working for Microsoft -- no, wait -- this is probably much more reliable.

Never mind.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

So, what's your estimate of the total number of JT-designed ICs that have ever been produced? I mean actual individual chips, not designs.

John

I wouldn't know where to begin.

Probably the 1488/1489 RS-232 chip set would have had the highest volume.

Although my alternator regulator chips would be up in the millions also.

The PLL stuff would be high volume but not astronomic.

Then I have probably 100 custom chips, designed for application-specific use, probably each in the 10K/year category.

But this latest one for SC Johnson will probably be an all-time high... only way the volume could be any better would be if it fit into a TP dispenser ;-)

BTW: This design runs off a single cell, boosts its own VDD, and has also a HV output to drive a piezo actuator that drives the pump. Also counts the time between "squirts" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I suppose this is going to be even more volume than those cheezy $5.00 calculators -- but how about $1.98 wristwatches?

Which PLL stuff did you design, and are there any useful Motorola (sorry

-- freonscale) chips that you _haven't_ designed?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Hey, Here's my latest gadget:

Actually, three of us here worked on this for about three years as sort of a background project, when we didn't have a paying customer screaming for delivery on something. I never appreciated how much hassle a benchtop instrument would really be until this got serious. A VME or PCI board is blindingly simple compared to all the stuff you have to put into a box like this. And by the time you finish it, things have changed so much you're dying to redesign it again from scratch. m.u.s.t..r.e.s.i.s.t..t.e.m.p.t.a.t.i.o.n.

John

I laid myself off in 1970, so anything after that is someone else's work.... although there's really nothing new, just process improvements on designs by Ron Treadway and myself.

...Jim Thompson

Hi,

I'm upgrading some 30 year old circuitry and need to baseline the old design. It uses a uA711 comparator.

Does anyone have a SPICE model for it ?

Thanks

Brian

-- Brian Howie BAE SYSTEMS Avionics Limited Sensor Systems Division Crewe Toll Phase II, 1st Floor, Edinburgh EH5 2XS Phone +44 (0)131 343 8769 FAX +44 (0)131 343 8941 Email snipped-for-privacy@baesystems.com

Reply to
Brian Howie

ROTFLMAO! That's a constant problem with circuit designers... when to let it loose and call it completed... I'm always in a quandary with "perfection" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I don't think SC Johnson would find those odors acceptable ;-)

...Jim Thompson

'Twas tongue-in-cheek. It's my chip in the product. But it's this sort of thing that makes more money than PLLs, for instance.

...Jim Thompson