Re: Great Movie Line from an Old Bob Hope Movie

Try "+travolta +scientology".

e.g.

Yep. Its complete crap.

How does it

What?

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Do you have occasion to deal with received attachments that are formatted with a version later than that? What is your technique then?

Reply to
JeffM

John who? If you're going to resort to flaming, Kev, at least get the spelling right.

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to

I never get them.

I think readers are available, anyway, the sender can convert to text!

Its a law of diminishing returns. Like, modern music keyboards have perfect piano, brass, guitar sounds etc, new stuff just adds redundant waffle.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Hello people.

Does exist any free program to view (no need to edit) ORCad Capture files (both drawing and library)?

[]s

-- © Chaos Master. |"These wounds won't seem to heal Posting from Brazil. | This pain is just too real

| There's just too much that time can't erase" (most often offline... ) | -- Evanescence, "My Immortal"

Reply to
Chaos Master

You should try it again. I'm very pleased with version 9.1 especially with the CIS option. But, you should run it on an NT based Windows (not 98, ME, etc) and good quality PC hardware.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Due to popular request ;-)

HSpice2PSpiceNewEdit.pdf has been re-posted to the Tools Page of my website.

Just click on "Convert HSpice CMOS Library Files to PSpice CMOS Library Files - Manually" to get the PDF.

The executable was pulled earlier due to too many bugs (Courtesy of Cadence ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hi, I am wondering how to link the BSIM3 to the simple MOSFET ids equations. I understand that parameters such as Vth, un*Cox, and lambda can be extracted from the curves.

My question is, what is the best way to use the BSIM3 spice model to come up with some parameters that will be useful for hand analysis? My feeling is that short channel effects make hand analysis almost fruitless, except to get an initial idea of how the circuit works and relative sizes.

Thanks!!!

Reply to
Spaceghost

I am using Protel 99SE to design a PCB. My design has a FLASH and a SRAM. I made the schematics for both. My problem is when I synchronise the PCB by going to DESIGN>>UPDATE PCB, it gives me errors related to my SRAM. It shows "node not found" for all the pins of SRAM. I am not able to understand why is it so. I named and designated the SRAM properly, yet it is not recognising it.

Thanks

learner

Reply to
learner
[... panning Orcad's Capture ...]

Perhaps your standards are too low. :)

Have you ever tried the DOS Draft program? I find it far far easier to use than Capture. You use your left hand to poke keys on the keyboard while your right hand moves the cursor. It has an auto-pan feature and macros which were left out of the Windows one I tried. It also doesn't require a special PC with a special OS to run. It will run in a DOS window under everything but perhaps XP. I only exclude XP because I haven't tried it.

BTW: DOS Orcad will also run quite nicely under Linux. So I can install my own copy at home and work at home or at work with the same user interface.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Hi, Where I can find (buy, download) LspLAB 2 or 3? I downloaded Demo version, but it's not enough for detailed acoustic measurement. Thank you!

Reply to
drazen.surina

Try

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Boris Mohar

Thanks. 9MB download, looks good.

-- © Chaos Master. |"These wounds won't seem to heal Posting from Brazil. | This pain is just too real

| There's just too much that time can't erase" (most often offline... ) | -- Evanescence, "My Immortal"

Reply to
Chaos Master

Did not work for accessing symbol libraries, but worked for design files. At least 50% of the problem is solve.

[]s
--
http://marreka.no-ip.com | There's just too much that time can't erase"
(most often offline... ) | -- Evanescence, "My Immortal"
Reply to
Chaos Master

learner, From the sounds of your description the problem is trying to point out that the footprint is not being correctly called into the PCB. The node not found message is alerting you to the fact that there is no pin for it to connect a certain net to. This is usually because of an erroneous footprint or in this case it would seem that no footprint is being loaded at all if all pins give the same error. Define your footprint correctly in the schematic symbol and make sure that the library containing that footprint is accessible to the PCB program by having it loaded as an active library in the PCB package.

--
Sincerely,
Brad Velander

"learner"  wrote in message
> I am using Protel 99SE to design a PCB. My design has a FLASH
and a
> SRAM. I made the schematics for both. My problem is when I
synchronise
> the PCB by going to DESIGN>>UPDATE PCB, it gives me errors
related to
> my SRAM. It shows "node not found" for all the pins of SRAM. I
am not
> able to understand why is it so. I named and designated the
SRAM
> properly, yet it is not recognising it.
>
> Thanks
>
> learner
Reply to
Brad Velander

Hi, Brad Velander schrieb:

Perhaps the name of the Footprint in

Schematic Library > Components > Description > Component Text Field > Footprint1

is not exactly the same as the name of the footprint in PCB Library.

--
regards
Rüdiger

http://www.conelek.com/
Reply to
Ruediger Kluge

If you can keep the 99SE SP6 and the Computer and the OS alive then no need to change. But someday you'll need a new computer and then WIN XP will probably be the OS and that's the time to make the change.

I'm in the same boat as you. But I also needed some of the parts that came in the Protel 2004 libraries. So I made the change and crawled up the learning curve.

George

Reply to
George

Hi Fred,

Fred schrieb:

I'm also using Protel 99SE SP6. It took a long time before 99SE got stable. I had a look at DXP and Protel 2004. Also I use Camtastic. There seems to be a lot differences in the new systems. In the moment I don't have any advantages of the newer systems. So I will wait. What are the functions of 2004 that you need, and that are not available in in 99SE? Also it disturbs me, that Protel depends on XP.

--
Regards
Rüdiger

http://www.conelek.com/
Reply to
Ruediger Kluge

I can't say that there are any new functions that I need at the moment. I'm window shopping so to speak.

My first information regarding Protel was their Protel98 package. It was full of bugs and the folks I knew using it went berserk trying to get even simple designs done. It took quite a while for Protel to fix the bugs but I guess they got there.

I started designing PCBs with Protel99. It was again loaded with bugs but gradually I got to know the program and it became a good tool after

99SE was available (and alot of elbow-grease). But one thing that really stuck in my mind with Protel is that when they offer a new product, beware. It ain't gonna be fun! So I was looking to see what others have experienced with the newer Protel packages.

Incidentally, I am using Protel99SE (SP6) with XP. At first there were some strange occurances (functions that used to work in 98SE stopped working or worked differently). I contacted Protel and they said they knew of no problems using 99SE with XP. I must have grown use to the differences cause it works fine now.

I will look into the USersgroup. I've never tried that approach and am gratified to know it's of value.

Thanks,

Fred

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Fred

Did you made a footprints for them? If yes you must assign a footprints to your devices.

regards sobol

Reply to
Sobol