Re: Great Movie Line from an Old Bob Hope Movie

Wouldn't it have been easier - and cheaper - to build the parts you needed?

--
"Just machines that make big decisions
 programmed by fellas with compassion and vision."

Hi, George schrieb:

No I'm running Protel 99SE on XP.

How long did it take? Only for the parts I would not change or upgrade.

--
Regards
RĂ¼diger

http://www.conelek.com/
Reply to
Ruediger Kluge

Hi Brad Brad Velander schrieb:

Which forum do you mean?

--
Regards
RĂ¼diger

http://www.conelek.com/
Reply to
Ruediger Kluge

The Techserve "Protel EDA Forum".

-- Sincerely, Brad Velander

the

of

the

Reply to
Brad Velander

What is it? When is it due out? Expected cost?

Reply to
Bob Penoyer

I believe they're going public next week... at least that's when I'm to receive a "production" version.

I have to remain silent on who-what-where-when, until they make their announcement.

...Jim Thompson

My Sony Vaio combo PS/2 port actually will not support both an external keyboard and mouse at the same time, so I bought an IOGear PS/2 to USB adapter.

Now both function.

However, the mouse sweep rate is very slow... have to go nearly across my whole mousepad to sweep across the screen.

I located a USB mouse driver on the Sony site, purportedly for my Vaio model (PCG-FX190K), but during the install it errors out with "Not for your model".

Anyone else experienced this, or know a solution, or another source of USB mouse driver that's compatible with the Vaio?

(My Googling has come up zero.)

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

There's usually a setup for mouse speed in your control panel under "mouse", and some drivers have strange opinions about how fast it should be by default. You've already tried to get in there and speed it up?

Maybe you need longer arms?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I have a customer that requires a schematic in Protel and I have Orcad

9.0+10.0. Is there a way of transferring Orcad schematics into Protel schematics?

TIA Harry

Reply to
Harry Dellamano

Hi, I auto routed my design and when I do a DRC, it say Processing Rule : Clearance Constraint (Gap=8mil) (On the board ),(On the board ) Violation between Pad 386EXTC-130(4878.303mil,9968.678mil) TopLayer and Pad 386EXTC-129(4897.988mil,9968.678mil) TopLayer

How can I remove this error? It shows the same error for all the pads of my processor. I made the footprint according to the package info. Is it due to auto routing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Learner

Reply to
learner

Okay. Please post some info when you can.

Reply to
Bob Penoyer

Harry:-

Orcad Capture .dsn files can be opened directly by Protel, with pretty good results, IM(L)E.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Use the adapter for keyboard and the PS/2 for the mouse? Not really a solution, but it may function as a decent workaround.

Reply to
Philip A. Marshall

It shows up in Device Manager as "HID-compliant mouse", but with no settings capability.

...Jim Thompson

Yep, it's there, and the hardware tab shows both the touchpad and the "HID-compliant mouse", but the speed settings are only varying the touchpad speed.

...Jim Thompson

So if Microsoft thinks they're smarter than you, does that mean that you're dumber than Microsoft?

Horrors. In your specialty you can't even threaten not to work for them.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

: > Yep, it's there, and the hardware tab shows : > both the touchpad and the "HID-compliant mouse", : > but the speed settings are only varying the : > touchpad speed. : > ...Jim Thompson : : You may have to go into System/hardware/device : manager and disable the touchpad before you get : the mouse control you are looking for or you might : goto say logitec and download a USB mouse driver. : My solution was to buy a USB mouse. : Charles

Disabling or better still, uninstalling disconnected devices is always recommended, otherwise, you still have drivers installed/loaded that don't pertain to your new hardware.

Bill @ GarberStreet Enterprizez };-) Web Site -

Email - willy46pa @ comcast DOT net Change DOT to a dot to contact me

--
This email ain't infected, dude!

Bill Garber

Measure the Foot print! If the space between the pads is less than the "Clearance Constraint" the error is valid, which means you need to:

1: redraw the foot print with wider spaces (not very practical)

2: Set the clearance constraint to slightly less than the separation between the pads. For example IF the space between the pads is 5 mil, set Clearance Constraint to 4.8 mil so the board will give a clean DRC.

You may change the Constraint as a last test, leave it the at 8 mil for routing.

Reply to
Roger Gt

go to MOUSE in Control Panel, the settings for mouse speed are there as are the mouse trails and etc...

Charles

Reply to
Charles W. Johson Jr.