Re: Great Movie Line from an Old Bob Hope Movie

I managed to get it to boot this AM and am copying all contents across the network to another machine with a large drive. After I'm safely backed-up I'll try to figure out why keyboard and mouse no longer function.

Hello Stan, I have answered the same question a few minutes ago in the LTSPICE users's group at Yahoo:

Hello ..., you simply forgot to go into move mode.

Instructions follow:

  1. click on "Move", this is the "full hand" icon on the top toolbar

  1. click on the component you want to move/rotate/mirror or select many by clicking and dragging a box around it.

  2. Press " and r" for rotate or " e" for mirror of the selected item. It is mandatory to first press the key and keep it down and then press the r or e key!!!

Best regards, Helmut

PS: It works this way on ten thousand other PCs. If it doesn't work, then your key has a defect.

Stan, take the small learning curve with LTSPICE and you will never miss it.

Hello Kevin, I fully disagree! LTSPICE has a great GUI and is optimized for easy and and really fast drawing. I like it. The whole GUI is really well organized.

The GUIs in other CAD programs with their thousands toolbar icons are a nightmare.

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

Hi Helmut,

I agree entirely.

Certainly not ideal for running on notebooks, that's for sure. But Kev's front end is actually pretty good, to give credit where it's due. I wouldn't put the SS GUI in the "nightmare" category - unlike its author. :-)

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to

Well, we all have our own opinions. Every time I have a go at LTSpice for drawing, it comes across as so cumbersome. It just don't do what one expects it to do.

I ceratinly agree that some other spices are much harder to use than LTSpice.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

OK, thanks. Most of the hits I got from Google were about your design. One of them was about you losing a bet to Tom Frederiksen when he was able to run it at 5W.

Best regards,

Mostafa

Mostafa Kassem
M Dot Kassem At ieee Dot org
---------------------------------------
Reply to
Mostafa Kassem

Paul Burridge caused an illegal operation in module at snipped-for-privacy@notthisbit.osiris.co.uk and will be closed:

I have played with SuperSpice on computers with LCD displays. Looks nice, but most LCD's can only get to 1024x768... :/

[]s
--
Chaos MasterĀ®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
MSN: wizard_of_yendor@hotmail.com http://marreka.no-ip.com

----------------------- What tools were those, Brad?

TIA, Mark

Reply to
Sporkman

I have to agree, that one wants as much resolution for SS as possible. My monitor is set for 1280 by 1024. However, to address the prior point, I don't have many icons on my toolbar buttons. Its letters for the first word of what it does for most. I find icons confusing. AC DC TR OP (for enabling different runs) seem pretty much self explanatory.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Kevin Aylward executou uma operação ilegal e será fechado:

This is a Good Thing (TM) of SS. The interface isn't full of stuff.

[]s
--
Chaos MasterĀ®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
MSN: wizard_of_yendor@hotmail.com http://marreka.no-ip.com
"You touch the green wire. You get hit by 75kV.
 You are electrocuted. DYWYPI? [yn]"
Reply to
Chaos Master

nice AC EMF spike from the cords wrapped around AC lines? i know that happen to me once. has a storm near by, afterwards the keyboard, mouse and controlers for which on the mother board no longer worked but it would boot up and required no sign in etc..

Jim Thomps> >

Reply to
Jamie

"MC1554-Data.zip" posted to the S.E.D/Schematics page of my website.

Data book info only, sorry, no Spice model :-(

...Jim Thompson

Mark, I have to qualify this by stating that I have not purchased these tools recently but I would not expect them to have inflated significantly.

Gerbtool by Wise

Camtastic by Altium Oooouuuch, just checked their current pric> > Mark,

$700 -

Gerber

and

Reply to
Brad Velander

You're probably better off redesigning to use something that's currently being manufactured. The Motorola MC1554G was discontinued years ago. Motorola sold off their semiconductor business to Freestyle Semiconductor, and they don't make that part. Even Rochester Electronics, which stocks obsolete parts, doesn't have it.

John Nagle

Mostafa Kassem wrote:

Reply to
John Nagle

Most of the MC1554 era stuff was sold off to Lansdale, who still make a lot of my golden oldies, the RS232 chip set, the TTL and PECL PLL parts, and they even still make my very first chip design, the MC1530/31 OpAmp. But they don't make the MC1554... by today's standards it's a kludge, once PNPs made it to the monolithic world.

Freestyle (is that what it's called?) got the specialty CMOS. ON Semiconductor has the jelly bean level CMOS.

...Jim Thompson

Viewmate from pentalogix is reasonably simple to operate - a usefull attribute if you are not doing it every day of the week.

The best one, by far, is the one you know!

Reply to
R.Lewis

I'm sure everyone is, by now, aware that I had a fatal computer crash.

Fortunately it's all backed up.

Question: How do I restore Internet Explorer's Favorites, Cookies, etc.??

...Jim Thompson

Hey,

I just started a new forum and I want to invite all of you to come check it out. It is basically a forum for information regarding anything around the workshop or automobiles (welding, electronics, wood working, paint tech etc etc.) The site isn't that popular yet so we are in the use of some more reliable members. Feel free to come check it out and don't forget to register. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Mike.

Reply to
workshopforum.com

You misconscrewed my meaning.

I want to restore MY favorites, cookies, etc., that I had for locating useful URLs, communicating with bank and credit card accounts, etc.

...Jim Thompson

Assuming you have your machine set up for *one* user (i.e. no "profiles"), restore the /Favorites and /Cookies folders.

--don

N.B. Incoming mail is unconditionally and silently discarded.

Reply to
Don

Return it for full refund. That would be a good start.

It's probably easiest to grap a jack footprint and save it under a new part name in a library of your own where a reinstall won't wipe it out and then edit it.

Something tells me you're not going to find many EWB users around. I might remember one user who didn't bad mouth EWB, but he's probably commited suicide by now.

--
Best Regards,
Mike