Re: Great Movie Line from an Old Bob Hope Movie

SPAM

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there's an integrated PowerPCB/PowerLogic file viewer available?

I've just joined a company that's using PADS and distributing design data to those w/o access to the PADS suite via hardcopy or PDF.

My problem is that my previous employer was uing P-CAD, and while there I was spoiled by the excellent (& freely downloadable) P-CAD viewer, which has the ability to both view and associate schematics and layouts (e.g., one can highlight a net in a schematic & see the associated trace light up on the PCB).

Does anything with this level of functionality exist for PowerPCB/PowerLogic?

Thanks,

-ted

Reply to
Ted Phares

spam, they want your e-mail addr

Reply to
Ryan Wheeler

This is a follow up to my question that was not truly answered. I did figure out the solution on my own. Out of the kindness of my heart I am going to post my finding so that others who have Multisim and are having porblems can try this and see if it solves some of their problems.

  1. Go to the SIMULATION tab and click on it.

  1. Go down to DEFAULT INSTRUMENT SETTINGS and click on it.

3 Click the drop down menu at the very top of the dialog box. You will find about 4 options there to set INTIAL CONDITIONS for your circuit. I chose SET TO ZERO. You can use whatever suits your particular need.

  1. The next Step is to look down and find the box that says SET MAXIMUM TIMESTEP (TMAX)). Click on the box that says MAXIMUM TIMESTEP (TMAX). Once this is done, you can set TMAX in the adjacent box. The default is .00001 which is equivalent to 10us. I adjust mine down to .0001 which is equivalent to 100us.

This little change did wonders for my simulation of my circuit. The TMAX option I beieve is the accuracy resolution of the simulator. The smaller the number the more accurate the output and the slower Multisim runs. I would also ventrue to say that the higher the accuracy the more resources are required to simulate the circuit. Since most circuits don't need to be simulated that precisely, it may help to try this if you are running into problems getting the program to perform as you expect it.

Anyway that is what I have found and I hope it helps others.

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

L.W.

I don't see this as "spam" any more than I see your signature as "spam" (and I don't, really), Mr. Software Salesperson. Note Mark's email address, which is a touchpad switch design/manufacturing firm, seemingly unrelated to the company who sells the software he mentions. And the message is ON topic in the newsgroups to which he posted his message.

However, I do note that Mark's message is cross-posted, which is not kosher with most ISP's Usenet policy. That notwithstanding, however, I for one appreciate knowing about $200 layout software if it's capable of anything much more than simple stuff. I'd just suggest that he post his message separately in the several TOPICAL newsgroups to which he cross-posted.

Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Watermark Design, LLC

Sporkman

Really!! Now that IS good information! Anyone else support this?

Reply to
Sporkman

All well and good, except for the fact that this company has a two decade policy of bogus marketing and phony testimonials - not to mention writing

*Awful* software.

Caveat emptor.

Bob

--
"Just machines that make big decisions
 programmed by fellas with compassion and vision."

Jim;

Thanks!

-- Leland C. Scott KC8LDO

Wireless Network Mobile computing on the go brought to you by Micro$oft

Reply to
Leland C. Scott

Ted, You obviously didn't know that the current versions of PADS operates in a demo mode without a valid license key. Without the key you can do most anything you want in PADS but you just can't save the files and generate outputs. So by most people's definitions that would qualify as a viewer.

-- Sincerely, Brad Velander

file

design data

while there I

viewer, which

layouts (e.g.,

trace light up

Reply to
Brad Velander

C:> DELTREE /Y Mark:

Sh*t.

If someone is curious, search for:

simulation program "Chaos Master" in Google Groups or:

(NB: link will wrap)

It is a post about a rather similar spam.

[]s
--
Chaos MasterĀ®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
MSN: wizard_of_yendor@hotmail.com http://marreka.no-ip.com

It is a lie. The poster works for ams.

And the message is ON topic in the newsgroups to which he

Wise up. Read the post again. Does this really look like a real post?

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

This looks a lot like a former post from three years ago. "Jerry Smith" was never seen before or after. "Mark" may be "Jerry"'s new name.

--------------former message---------------------

From: Jerry Smith (Jerry snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) Subject: Schematic Capture & Layout Software View this article only Newsgroups: sci.electronics.cad, sci.electronics.design, sci.electronics.equipment, sci.electronics.repair, sci.electronics.misc Date: 2001-12-26 13:33:14 PST

I had been ORCAD user for a long time. Recently, I had the need to upgrade and shopped around. Bought AMS Circuit Creator Pro as competitive upgrade at $295. I am happy that Circuit Creator Pro has features and capabilities to accomplish PCB designs at fraction of ORCAD upgrade cost. You too can visit following site and save.

This is just to share my experience and let others know that Circuit Creator Pro is a great software for its price.

Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
Jim Meyer

You are quite welcome!

...Jim Thompson

decade

writing

Just out of curiosity I downloaded that PCB software and tried it. It's crap!

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

When you say it has features like orcad, I assume you mean the current version. This alone is enough to send me running away, very fast.

Anyone tried this yet?

Dave VanHorn

Per a request to post a "real" circuit rather than a behavioral one, I have added "AM-Demodulator-MC1496.pdf" to the S.E.D/Schematics page of my website.

This addresses a previous thread where I mentioned that the best AM demodulation could be done by multiplication.

...Jim Thompson

gEDA and PCB (unix/cygwin hosts) are also $0.00 and fully featured (i.e. not crippleware).

DJ Delorie

What version of pcb did you play with? We've been adding lots of stuff to it lately. I know of at least one board done with polygon pour that I had to fix a bug for; there's now a key to clear-poly all selected traces before adding the overlay poly. There was also a recent bugfix for poly clears when multiple virtual layers were mapped to one physical layer.

And if you do find a bug in pcb, please PLEASE report the bug to the bug tracking page on sourceforge. We've been doing pretty well at keeping up with the bug reports and fixing them, but if you don't report them we can't do anything! There's a spot for feature requests, too.

FYI I recently added an option to pcb to display a photograph as the board background, which is something asked for here before. You can scan a board from a magazine, do a little processing in some paint program (careful cropping and color fading is about all), and use it as a template to create your board.

We also have user-definable menus, sub-mil accuracy, trace optimizers, and a few other goodies.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

The trial version is totally free, and does 10 x 8 PCBs - useful for small projects.

The difference with Eagle is - it's actually GOOD!

Yours, Mark.

Mark wrote:

Reply to
Mark (UK)

Brad,

No, I didn't know that--I'll give that a shot.

Thanks,

-ted

Reply to
Ted Phares