PSpice Model for SST201

I've been searching for a spice device model for SST201, VISHAY SILICONIX, an N-Channel JFETs. Any such model or substitute exist? thanks bea

Reply to
beagle197

I think this is a j201. I think the sst is refering to the sot-23 package.

..MODEL J201 NJF(Beta=1.621m Betatce=-500m Rd=1 Rs=1 Lambda=2.236m Vto=-600m Vtotc=-2.5m Is=114.5f

  • Isr=1.091p N=1 Nr=2 Xti=3 Alpha=506.8u Vk=251.7 Cgd=4.667p M=227.1m
  • Pb=500m Fc=500m Cgs=2.992p Kf=0.6042f Af=1)

I did a quick check on the data sheet and Vto appears to be consistant with this.

Kevin Aylward snipped-for-privacy@anasoft.co.uk

SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture, Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Reply to
Kevin Aylward

How do I associate this model with the part? If I right click for properties, "Edit Spice Model" option is grayed out/non-selectable. Is there another way to add the model? Thanks

Reply to
beagle197

This is only greyed out if you open the model browser from the symbol properties dialog. You can use the blue "Md" button, or main menu "Components\\Model Library" to open the model editor directly, this will ungrey tie button, or see below.

Yes.

In SS you don't really have to do anything as the model is already there under the alternate name j201.

If are adding a new model to SS, you can do one of two things:

1 put the model in a single file with an extension of .lib or .mod, and then drag drop the file from Windows Explorer to the SS main window. Your done. It will show up in the file browser. SS automatically attaches symbols to those types of models.

or

2 In the model file browser (left main window), right click on a model in a model file folder, and go "edit model file". This pops up the txt file within the SS main frame. Paste in the model text and go save. Your done.

Its best to put all your new models in your own file so that SS don't overwrite them in a updated install.