What did the NTE 10 sub for?

Trying to find a spice model for the NTE 10 or its original substitute. Anyone have any idea what part the NTE 10 subbed for? Or where to find a spice model for this part?

Ignorantly yours,

Dave

PS: Thanks

Reply to
Dave

Here's what I found. 2SC2498 and it's a cross for 2n5179

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

Thanks, Shaun. I ran across the 2SC2498 and had the 2N5179 suggested as a replacement, but didn't think either one was an exact replacement. Found that the SK9139 is *supposed* to be an exact replacement, but can't find a datasheet for it. Argh. Finally settled for something I know is a little different, but have the Spice model for, and it seems to be working. Time will tell. Do appreciate your reply and suggestions though. Many thanks.

Take it easy...

Dave

Reply to
Dave

My book crosses a 2SC2498 to an NTE-23.

The SK parts were RCA's universal replacment line, just like the NTE (and the original ECG) line. You're not going to get anything close there, either. (ECG = Sylvania then Philips, NTE = Newtone, NTE is a clone of ECG number system, NTE bought ECG from Philips).

The one line spec for NTE10 says that it's a TO-92, 70 mA Ic, 12v BVceo, hfe of 200, 400 mW, with an FT of 4.5 Ghz.

The 2N5179 is TO-72, 50 mA/200 mW, with a Ft of 2 Ghz. Not that close. Crosses to NTE-316. Even in a TO-92 plastic (PN5179) version. Crosses to NTE-108.

4.5 GHz Ft is really hot for a TO-92. My guess is that it's probably 1) an old UHF TV tuner oscillator , and 2) (because it's TO-92) Japanese. Time to fire up the old model 1 eyeballs and look through the 2SC section of my old NTE book.

Ah, here it it is. NTE-10 crosses to 2SC2671 and 2SC2671H.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

THANK YOU Mark! And I know somebody who provides a spice model for the

2SC2671. Thank you very much.

Dave

Reply to
Dave