Protel Autotrax video drivers

For a few years now we have made available a video driver for Protel Autotrax (a DOS PCB layout package). These video drivers run under VESA bios and allow Autotrax to be used at higher screen resolutions than the rather limiting 640 x 480 that VGA otherwise provides.

Vesa drivers:

However these days not all video adaptors have good VESA support, - its getting out of date. We now have another driver, written specifically for XP, using directx

New driver:

This new driver is still in "Beta trial" but offers an alternative to people who want to use Autotrax (which is now free from Altium) on newer machines. Both drivers are free and open source.

Regards Steve

Steve

Now, that's impressive. Well done guys.

Reply to
Craig Hart

My thanks too! Just migrated to XP and was having dire problems with Autotrax until I found this.

Now, does anyone have a similar trick up their sleeves for OrCad SDT? At the moment I can't get this to run at all, with any driver, even vanilla VGA. Halts before it's even come up with the full list of libraries so I'm not sure it's even a video driver issue.

cheers / Kendall

Reply to
Kendall Castor-Perry