Print Grided Paper On-line

That's good news. :)

Michael A. Terrell

Print grid on paper. Put printed grid paper into printer. Print picture. No big graphic package needed that I can see.

Reply to
David Eather

And where is this spacing graph paper at? D'OH!

Printing it, and then MAYBE reprinting with the graphic after (no need tho) would be the way to do it your way.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

--
If you use a graphics package to generate the printed grid, then you'll
need some way to scan the picture and scale it so that it'll print on

Tricky part there is adjusting for margins.

Another way could be as simple as putting the picture into the printer
and printing the grid on top of the picture, but you'd still have to
tell the printer how to scale the grid so everything would come out
right, so that's a "big graphics package" of sorts on both counts.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

When you place borders on the cells, and arrange them by pixels, you can make a square grid, then define the print area, and then by margin adjustment, and experimentation, you can make it print at the exact scale you want/need it to be at. I do it, when I am making heat sink templates for little Ghz RF amplifier modules. It allows me to make perfect templates, then I can spec them on the drawing too, if one gets done.

Yep.

Excel would even allow pasting the image on top of the grid, then sinking it beneath it.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I was thinking the free graphing software he has already downloaded for the graph and the free photo crap software that comes with every $50 desktop multifunction printer / copier / tooth flosser. See - no big (read expensive) software package involved and happy wife to boot (no in the literal sense of the word!)

Reply to
David Eather

I don't know if this is of interest, but there are a couple of programs specifically designed for this sort of thing. They can import photos and convert them into cross-stitch designs. You can also simply cross-stitch on screen, using whatever makes of thread that you want. Then it just prints out your pattern with all the little symbols on it. Not always cheap, and not everyone likes them, but if she has a computer, there are free demos to play with (they usually won't save).

Jane Greenoff's Cross Stitch Designer - cheap n cheerful at 8 quid

There are a couple of others but not at 8 quid!

--
Mick                      (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info