Print Grided Paper On-line

Anyone know of a source on-line from which I can print grided paper?

I had a URL from way back, but it's gone :-( ...Jim Thompson

Here's a great little program that wilol print almost any kind of graph paper you're ever likely to need. I've used it for many years.

David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net
Reply to
Dave M

Doesn't seem to like XP :-( ...Jim Thompson

Got it... my system didn't try RAR extraction on its own.

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

Jim, Just to make sure that the URL to that program was still valid, I downloaded and tried to install. Apparently, the file at that URL is corrupt, However, I have an uncorrupted copy of the file. If you're interested, I can email it to you. It's only 384K.

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb dot net

Reply to
Dave M

I have GPaper too and was going to suggest it to Jim, but then I couldn't decide whether he was asking for such a utility or for an on-line service where he can order them printed. :-)

Reply to
pimpom

It appears to be a self-extracting archive that doesn't self extract on XP (missing DLL?). WinZip couldn't get into it either but WinRAR was able to successfully.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Yep, you're right... I didn't realize that it was RARed. The copy that I have is a self-extracting Zip file.

While investigating the problem, I found a later version at

It seems to have more types of graph paper designs than the one at the other site. Both are super programs.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net
Reply to
Dave M

Yep. Got it. ...Jim Thompson

Got it. It was a RAR, which my system didn't recognize as such. ...Jim Thompson

OK. Got that version! Thanks!

Now I have to figure out how to grid 14 to the inch... the wife has cabin fever because of restricted movement due to her fall, and has decided to do some needlepoint on 14 to the inch fabric :-) ...Jim Thompson

Here's one.

Art

Reply to
Artemus

Jim, If you select the Rectangular grid, then select Custom Graduations, you can specify the apace between light lines. For 14 lines per inch, that would, of course, be 0.0714. That looks pretty good when I print a page

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net
Reply to
Dave M

Thanks, Dave! I hadn't figured that out yet :-) ...Jim Thompson

--- Remember the old way?

Draw your 1" grid lines on a piece of paper, then lay a scale between two of them, slanted, so that 0" is on line and 1-3/4" on the other.

Then place dots on the paper at the 1/8" graduation points on the scale, and the 1" space will be divided into 14 equal increments.

Repeat as required to make sure you get parallel lines in both planes and then Voila! Once you've drawn lines through the proper points, you've got a 14 X 14 lines to the inch grid.

Well, not _quite_ Voila!, but it'll get you there in a low-tech way, :-)

JF

Reply to
John Fields

How is she doing?

Michael A. Terrell

I _can_ draw :-) My problem is to merge a picture onto a grid. ...Jim Thompson

She's improving. She's sitting across the desk from me right now... been sitting there for 30 minutes, finally giving up. ...Jim Thompson

Ahhh... I see.

The way I do it, in AutoCAD, is to generate the grid, assign it to one
layer, and then insert the picture on another layer and scale it for the
best fit on the grid.

maybe you've got a graphics package that'll allow you to do something
similar?

JF
Reply to
John Fields