OT: SLR Cameras

Is the latitude/longitude that of the perp, or the service provider?

The visitation committee has an interest :-) ...Jim Thompson

No self respecting vomit would get near dimbulb.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

says that it is at Camp Pendelton. If it is, the camp's commander might take an interest.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

No question about that. It's very easy to acquire brand loyalty without being conscious about it. There's nothing wrong with sticking to a particular brand because one is familiar with it and/or to preserve compatibility with an existing collection. But it's really silly to be fanatically loyal to a brand to the extent of trying to put down all others. The fact is that all the major companies make good cameras and many experienced photographers use more than one brand.

Reply to
pimpom

Interesting! Quite a few of NymNoNuts posts have suggested a military association. ...Jim Thompson

They'll take an interest in pushing your horseshit complaint posts into the garbage bin.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

Dumbfucktard remarks like this one once about every six months gives you about the same credibility as your buddy Obama.

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaa!

Reply to
FatBytestard

Getting tired of those flat film plates and flash powder?

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ When I was in high school, I remember boys and girls slept together all the time. We called it algebra class. -- Jay Leno

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I've got a Model 150 Land camera, but the film is getting damned hard to find. That's the film that takes two seperate rolls, the film and the developer.

I'll just have to stick with my Zeis Ikon with 120 film (large format). It'll still beat the top of the line digital camera for resolution.

This isn't right.  This isn't even wrong. -- Wolfgang Pauli
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I have an old, dissected from an SX-70 pinch roller for their instant land cameras. I would use pin-hole boxes, the old camera body, and various other elements to make an exposure, and then do the squeeze in a dark room. Or, I would squeeze it by hand for the hallucinogenic effect.

Got some pretty surreal shots out of it. Nice experiment(s) to do while between jobs right after the Gulf War.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

"consumer level", sure.

There are imaging arrays with which you are obviously unfamiliar.

Also the processing capacity of the software is way better than the hand of a processor in a darkroom.

No.. dude. We ALL STILL know that film has a finer grain than does the current "pixel pitch" of even modern hi-res imaging chips. No need for a primer. :-)

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Not totally unfamiliar. They ae used in astronomy and some oter applications that, were I to tell you about, I would then have to kill you.

The Three Laws of Thermodynamics:
 1) You can't win.
 2) You can't break even.
 3) You can't quit the game.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

This, after the retarded dope just got done declaring otherwise.

Sorry, but the mil boys have the top honor in the visible spectrum.

And no, nothing you have ever seen would require you to kill anyone you told about it.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I laugh at your puny 'visible spectrum'. Quite a bit of interesting stuff goes on outside of that.

Of course not. We contract the killing out.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

How archaic. EVIL (Electronic Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens) cameras are the new thing. You get the advantages of SLR, without the bulk. The smaller the camera the more likely you are to take it places.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Stumbled across this review,

Has a smaller sensor than the 5D, so you have the 1.6 factor to consider for the lens's.

Overall, impressive at that price point.

Martin Riddle

=A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

Just a FYI regarding doing video with those Canon DSLRs. There are a few caveats, the biggest one being it doesn't autofocus while recording. Rather, you push a button on the back to focus. There is also some sort of time limit as to how long it will keep the shutter open. Best to troll the photo groups to get the full details. Otherwise, both the 5D II and 7D are good cameras.

Reply to
miso