LM13700 OTA - SPICE transistor terminals ?

This is probably an easy question for the Spice people, but I want to make 100% sure. I can't be sure which pin is which because the pins aren't identified on my simulator's schematic symbol. They are shown as additional pins connected to an opamp shape, yet there are no labels.

On the datasheet there are terminals are named:

Amp Bias Input Diode Bias Buffer Input Buffer Output

In the model supplied by National Semi, there is an order defined as follows:

  • Amplifier Bias Input
  • | Diode Bias
  • | | Positive Input
  • | | | Negative Input
  • | | | | Output
  • | | | | | Negative power supply
  • | | | | | | Buffer Input
  • | | | | | | | Buffer Output
  • | | | | | | | | Positive power supply
  • | | | | | | | | | .SUBCKT LM13700/NS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11

... and further into the model there are these definitions:

Q1 24 32 31 QX1 Q2 23 3 31 QX2 Q3 11 7 30 QZ Q4 11 30 8 QY

My simulator's symbol shows the terminals as unmarked pins, but opening the "Amplifier9" model symbol I see 8 pins labeled. Plus I can click on "pin order" and see the order they are listed. The 4 pins of interest are:

Q1 : model pin 6, pin order 6th Q2 : model pin 7, pin order 7th Q3 : model pin 8, pin order 8th Q4 : model pin 4, pin order 9th

I can't understand how it should be hooked up. The pin order in the symbol editor is different from the SPICE model. I have made some guesses and the part appears to work OK in the circuit, but where in this mess are the pins clearly defined?

mw

Reply to
mw

This is called the "declaration".....

When used in your circuit, the "instantiation", the pin ORDER as shown in the netlist must match the pin ORDER as given in the "declaration".

BUT they don't have to have the same node names.

Clear as mud but it covers the ground ;-)

...Jim Thompson