book suggestions for PCB layout design

Does anybody have any suggestions for good books to help with the process of physically laying out a board, especially for non-RF applications ? I know there are good app notes from IC manufacturers for high speed circuit layout, and I've read a bunch of them over the years, but I'm looking for guidelines like:

board materials and thicknesses trace widths and trace separation how wide and thick a trace needs to be for a given current what all the different layers really mean to the manufacturing process what all the output files mean in the manufacturing process types of vias copper thicknesses layer organization tips techniques for reducing board manufacturing costs

Reply to
David

There is a lot of information available on line. Try these and Google terms like "PCB design rules" or "PCB fab" ,etc. and see what comes up.

Ken

of

know

Reply to
KWS

High Speed Digital Design, A Handbook of Black Magic by Howard Johnson and Martin Graham

Reply to
PaulCsouls

You might find my PCB Design Tutorial useful:

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

excellent book.

Printed Circuits handbook, Clyde F. Coombs has a whole bunch of goodies.

One of the best techniques I have found is to lay out a truly ratshit PCB, then spend 3 weeks making it work.

current charts are available on-line. look harder.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given