Cost estimate for my first board layout contract

I have been awarded a contract to do board layout for a circuit that will test the noise, cross-talk and bandwidth of various analog and digital switching ICs.

I'm generating some gerber files for them using Orcad Layout, for a board that is going to be used for testing various signal switching ICs. I believe they have 9 or 10 different ones.

There will be a DC power jack mounted for 13V as well as a regulator to generate a 5V supply.

Each IC to be tested will need capacitors blocking DC on 2 inputs and

2 outputs per chip; a total of 4 per chip, about 40 in all.

Each input/output will be connected to an RCA jack; 40 RCA jacks in all.

and of course each chip needs to be grounded.

For EMI shielding I will be minimizing loop areas and using wide traces. The designer hopes to achieve 100MHz bandpass.

As far as the jacks go. I will have to create new symbols and footprints for the RCA jacks, the power jack and perhaps 5 or 6 of the ICs so that it is layed out properly on the PCB.

I've agreed to an hourly charge of 20$/ hour.

How much time would you charge for a contract like this? I'm working a 8-5 job as well so my time on weekeends is limited.

I'm new to Orcad layout, but I'm learning it quick. I won't charge my time for research and learning how to use the program because I'm junior. However, I do seek a price that is worth my while. Creating the symbols/footprints will take a while. Also, I hope to receive and offer for full-time employment with this company after the contract. Either way its good experience for the resume.

Thanks,

Sam

Reply to
Sij