IE Crap

I am sorry about that then.

What he was saying is that despite his default selection, IE was "horning in".

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

[falls out of chair]
Reply to
Bill Palmer

No problem. I really should try harder to get these things straight. Horning in...I thought that things like that were all over following the last MS antitrust action. Oh, well. Same stuff, different day.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

The Digital Goddess (one of your neighbors?) had this to say about your problem in today's newsletter

Oppie

Hmm... are you running the ftp server on a Linux box, John?

Michael

Reply to
Michael

You? Yer still a retard.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

[snip]

I think he just likes screwing with people who don't know how to set up proxy servers. ;-)

Keep your gnosis out of my business!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Street flares work much better if there's a breeze.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" while looking for a rock.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

There are several FREE file hosting sites.

You are the kind of idiots that would try to use a street flare to light a bon fire, when a simple friggin' match would suffice.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

And the trolls are still wet...

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Several times I tried to see what he was linked to and was either denied access, or only got part of the file. I use 'Coffee Cup FTP' to upload files to my websites, but it's a pain to keep adding 'servers' for a file or two only to have problems with the files.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Strike anywhere matches stay lit long enough to light a bon fire for all but the most idiotic dopes' aptitudes for the task. Lighting a flare is just plain stupid.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Don't you have wget?

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Maybe he doesn't want to put files somewhere out of his control.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

I just use Firefox. An ftp URL works just fine. Firefox knows how to do anonymous FTP access.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.