DVD Burner?

Bullshit. No 'Centronics' printer was designed for those speeds, so a fasater version would be yset another port to contend with. Only an idiot like you doesn't know the difference.

That's why you're convinced that you know everything. :(

Speak for yourself, wool boy. Just stay away from Phil, or you'll never get out of his basement.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There isn't any reason parallel printers ports couldn't operate like SCSI which is a parallel port itself. There's only serial and parallel and all the Intel singers in the world ain't going to change that.

Reply to
homey

On a sunny day (Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:05:46 -0400) it happened Jamie wrote in :

Not exactly, apart from the par port being 8 MHz only, it would be very difficult to do high speed in a multipair screened cable. Screened, with about 16 lines, makes a big fat cable, with many pF capacitance between pairs and signal and ground.

100 KHz would be next to impossible over more then 1 meter. (and that would be only 800 kB / s), less if you count control sequences. I have a very old, very good webcam that uses the parport, 3 fps is the maximum for a uncompressed 320x280 frame.

This is true, but does not apply to the par port idea. That is why we have USB and firewire. Also why we have PCIE, serial links win at high speed. Not to mention composite video over 50 Ohms coax, and what not.

Yea, but you forget market forces. Else we would still be using ISA....

Just imagine my 1TB external Seagate connected with a huge fat parallel cable... About as thick as that screened parallel IDE one. Not very practical.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

And you aren't going to change the laws of physics.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Now find a BluRay drive. The cheapest. Good luck finding a bargain like that.

The Asus slim BD drive is nice. Runs about $137. Comes with BD player software.

I have a couple of the HD-DVD, BD-DVD, DVD, CD drives that LG made. They were about $139 each as I wait for sales to buy them. Hard to find anymore other than on ebay and the like. Some retailer have a few left at stupid overpriced amounts. They are full sized though.

Reply to
SoothSayer

Is that you, Archie? Are you HIDING? LOL

HDMI would really be good though.

Did you notice the Revo doesn't output sound over the HDMI cable though?

They'll probably fix it in the Revo 2 version.

But I'll have to wait to assess that.

Reply to
Greegor

Never had such a nym. Some retards did use it as a jab device though. Too bad for them that my skin is thicker than their brain cavity is wide.

No, dumbfuck. I post with different nyms based on the content, dumbfuck.

You have ZERO grasp of what a form factor is, so I posted as a soothsayer.

If you were any more stupid, I'd swear that you had some mental disease, not even discounting the one you claim so many others have. How sad, that possibility and likelihood is.

51 year old retards using gang boy retard lingo really enhances the stupidity level of your persona, dumbfuck. Aside from that, you laughing at some lame "determination" that you made is laughable in and of itself.

Duh. Mr ModernNot.

Did you notice that you are full of shit and likely looked at a post by someone that is just as stupid as you are?

Some idiots cannot handle "loss of video" that occurs when HDCP connections handshake-drop-and-fail-to-re-establish-handshake, and they do not realize that they need to cycle the power on the DISPLAY or RECEIVER device *sometimes* when a HDCP enabled PC reboots.

You're an idiot. It works fine. To play BD Discs, one needs to UG to

2GB or the full 4GB as the 1GB will not do both the video and data streams well enough.

I would seriously consider letting others do that for you, SkyBuck.

Reply to
MrTallyman

gh.

ow

by

G to

Tell us about what is improved in the Revo 2!

You're obsessed because you BOUGHT a Revo? ROFL

It will be superceded by better technology. You shoulda bought Version 2!

LOL

Reply to
Greegor

3 wire handshake and IEEE488 (originally HPIB/GPIB) was good for around 1Mb/s bulk transfer rate if you were careful, and about 1/3rd of that if you were not. It is an ancient HP specification dating back to 1975. You could certainly have cable runs of a few metres working at nearly full speed (off label). Stacked GPIB connectors would sometimes pull smaller kit off a table by their physical weight and very stiff cables.

Still in use for some instrumentation but now largely replaced by Ethernet or USB. One clear advantage was that the GPIB connectors are chunky enough to survive the rough and tumble in industrial test environments. According to Wiki NI introduced HS-488 which is allegedly good for up to 8Mbyte/s in 2003 (never used it though).

maximum for a

cable...

External SCSI did it that way for a while. And in the early days when USB stood for Unstable Serial Bus the more expensive Firewire gear had the edge. The best advice for the OP is to select something that likes roughly the same quality media as the DVD writer he already has. Might also be worth considering a BlueRay unit to get twice the capacity.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

On a sunny day (Sat, 02 Oct 2010 13:49:27 +0100) it happened Martin Brown wrote in :

You can get some more speed with multicore cables by using [twisted] differential pairs. But once you do that, then you may as well send everything over one pair... Ethernet... Then you use the characteristic impedance of the cable, say transmission line. The par port doed NOT use that, it is pure capacitive, in the old IBM PC they even had a little capacitor from each par port pin to ground against RFI :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Nothing worth quoting, as if that was even possible.

Hey, you retarded piece of shit!

aka is NOT capitalized, IDIOT!

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Always glad to cheer you up, Archie!

Reply to
Greegor

When is your next assessment due, Archie?

Reply to
Greegor