Doesn't anyone make....

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0|

That's a myth. I had this same argument with an engineer one day so we broke out the test sets. Absolutely no discernable bit error rate, with or without the staples, even if you get downright agressive with the staple gun.

Also, if you look carefully, you'll see that the staples intended for wire use are often curved to prevent cable cuts. And of course, (hopefully!!) Jim's desk isn't rockin' that much. :)

But as you say, yes, you probably wouldn't want to use staples if you expected a lot of repetitive cable movement.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

But for audio cables you need to use gold-plated staples with silk cloth buffer wraps. The ones that retail for $19.99 per staple and can only be applied with a matching staple gun and the proper incantations. Otherwise the crescendos in a concerto will sound somewhat flat :-)

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

..and RS sells similar "U" shaped staples with cardboard inserts that helps to protect the wires.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I've got a box of "Insulated staples" that I got at Home Depot some years ago. They're an ordinary staple, but curved on top, with a piece of sturdy card stock or fiber already fitted so it goes between the wire and the staple.

I'd post a pic, but I haven't rebatteried my cam yet. )-;

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yes - particle board can be quite hard.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Those are for low voltage signals, in particular door bells and phones. There are also staples intended for Romex that have a plastic piece to hold the cable without damaging it. Neither are going to work worth a damn on particle board.

Reply to
krw

Construction sounds just like the RS staples.

Reply to
Robert Baer

He's crossposting to a.b.s.e

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

That can't be the reason. My news server simply doesn't offer a.b.s.e. but the posts into this group should show up. Possibly the reason might be that Jim recently sent multiple canned messages of same content. That gets picked up by filter programs because it's a classic pattern of sellers.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Eternal September does have a.b.s.e but doesn't allow the binaries through in either direction.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

A lot of servers filter based on combinations in the Newsgroups header. I'd have figured that individual.net was doing that with some or all of alt.binaries, given their text only policy. Lower overhead than a content or size based filter. (Highwinds does this with the "rush limbaugh" groups where they're off topic, probably by request).

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Individual.net doesn't carry any groups from alt.binary.

:-)

--
Regards, Joerg