Digikey weirdness..

When searching for a component at digikey.com there's no possibility specify minimum quantity nor price etc.. But RoHS, in stock etc.. is available.

Seems they want people to wade through "minimum quantity 2500" entries when that just won't fit the bom. I somehow dault this is a technical problem.

Any thoughts on this?

Reply to
sky465nm

Never ascribe to malice that which can be aptly explained by ignorance.

-anon

Reply to
Chuck Harris

Mouser does more or less the same thing. It would be nice if they'd add the feature but it would not be entirely straightforward, since often the quantities required might vary depending on the price breaks.

In the meantime, if your quantities are low, just select the low-quantity packaging options (not reel or T&R or ammo pack), and select only "in stock" and you'll have less to wade through.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Doesn't suprise me. However they malwritten the product descriptions in such bad way that unless you type the manufacturers part identifier. You won't find it.

I did the screenscraper + perl magic. And could then have it sort and select with impunity. But then it was obvious there's a lot of errors in the source data. But it made some revelations possible. It just annoys me that they won't do this by themselfes.

Seems the best strategy atm is to find a suitable chip at the manufacturer and then look that chip up.

Reply to
sky465nm

Digi Key's search engine has a bug where is lists reels, but not their cut tape parts on many components. When you see something you want, modify the Digi-Key reel part number to their cut tape part number.

Reply to
qrk

This is one area where Digikey's search is rather weak - they are better than RS & Farnell for things like parametric search, but the inability to list results by price, and multiple listings for the same item is a major annoyance for items that pull up a lot of results.

Maybe they just need more complaints.....

Reply to
Mike Harrison