Complex Math Question

Is this correct...

I have a complex expression Numerator/Denominator where Numerator is the complex conjugate of the Denominator.

Am I correct that the net phase angle is twice that of the Numerator?

That would simplify my life if I didn't have to make the Denominator real, which turns into an Algebraic mess :-( ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Sure. Just convert to polar coordinates and it's clear.

A exp(j phi)

----------- == exp(j 2 phi) A exp(-j phi)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I assume you mean Complex as in sqrt(-1), not Complex as in difficult. Rotating, charged colliding black holes are difficult, sums are not...

Kevin Aylward B.Sc.

- SuperSpice

Reply to
Kevin Aylward