channel-channel isoalation

I give analog signals to 8 input channels then i convert it to digital form using ADC then i give this count to microcontroller.

i.e....|iso amp|--->||-->|ADC|-->|opto isolation|-->|uController|

can i get good accuracy? If i want channel to channel isolation then... upto what extent should i give isolation? What should i use for my scheme a)mux & 1 ADC or b)8 seperate ADC's to achieve channel-channel isolation???

if i use a)mux & 1 ADC then... can i call it as channel channel isolation?? if I use b)8 ADC (12/16 bit) then...which is cheap & good accuracy ADC

how to get isolated power supply for each channel from single source(of

5V)
Reply to
sanjay_td

What is the frequency range of your signal? What sample rate are you going to use?

I'm not sure I understand what kind of signal you are feeding to the uController. Is it just the samples, in digital form?

I doubt that you will need to use isolated power supplies. If your signal includes low frequencies, isolating the power supplies might prove to be problematic, anyway. In any event, we need a signal frequency range before we can tell you how to isolate your power supplies.

It would be nice if you could start with an idea of how much cnannel-channel isolation you need. From there, you could answer the question of whether a mux would work. Personally, I think it would be more reasonable to mux the analog signal. If you need really good channel-to-channel isolation, you can use some tricks such as putting two muxes in series. Other people will probably have better advice about this.

Anyway, you should first,decide how much channel-to-channel isolation you actually need.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac