DXP 2002 to DXP 2004

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is interchangability between Protel DXP

2002-2004 project files? Or a conversion utility for library components?

Thanks,

Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

Bob,

Thank you for your info. But can 2004 be imported into 2002? I am working with an associate using 2004......

Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

DXP projects open up in 2004 seamlessly. I also use DXP and 2004 library files interchangeably.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

I don't have '2002' installed anymore so I can't say for sure, but the PCB editor will output (Save As) in any Protel format back to 98 and doesn't show a special type for pre-2004 DXP so my guess would be yes. Naturally, any new features in 2004 would not be supported by previous versions - there weren't that many anyway.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens