Am I missing some setting?

I want to do a remote reboot.

Is there some setting such that ctrl-alt-delete reboots without requiring entering a password? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

How about just resetting your boot PWs to [null]? Art

Reply to
Artemus

message

Already is. But is stops there requiring hitting Enter :-(

WinXP Pro

I'm probably overlooking something obvious :-( ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

message

flipper

message

If it's the BIOS PW it needs to be set to no PW. My XP Pro box boots to the desktop w/ no KB inputs so there must be a setting to allow this. Don't know what it is tho. Art

Reply to
Artemus

message

Artemus

message

Thanks! That should do it! What is this .NET Framework crap anyway ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

message

Yahooooo! I should have remembered that... my Win2K machine is already set like that! Thanks! Now I'm all set for remote access (and reboot if necessary). ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

You can run 'CMD' to get a command window and type: shutdown -s -t 10 it'll shutdown in 10 sec. Or type: shutdown -r -t 10 and it will shutdown and restart.

Martin Riddle

Artemus posted the proper solution...

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

message

in

You're welcome. Art

Reply to
Artemus

It's a way to make interpreted software the norm in place of compiled software. Dotnet is a kind of interpreter, and programs written for it don't contain machine code, but some kind of tokenized code. The idea is that the interpreter will check to make sure the app doesn't do anything bad. Since compiled apps are still allowed, and they can be malware, I guess the future MS OS will eventually move to not running machine code apps at all.

zero, and remove the last word.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I don't see why it's needed. Remote Desktop and VNC both allow remote login.

zero, and remove the last word.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Login isn't the issue. Me, covering all possible scenarios, want to do a remote reboot, and then be able to re-login. If the machine is stuck at "enter password" you can't. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

But how can it be stuck there? At the login prompt you should be able to enter the password.

zero, and remove the last word.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Via remote connection, you lose the remote connection during reboot, so you can't enter the password since you are not "connected".

Artemus suggested...

using Tweakui to set that up, works just ducky. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Must be a limitation of the remote software. LogMeIn and others I use always let you log in because the software starts before login.

With the autologon, anybody can get into your PC when you're away.

zero, and remove the last word.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Neeerp. I 'hain't talking about how it's done, but there's a hardware firewall between the machine and the Internet, so not from the outside world. Locally, I could care less, there's only me and my wife here :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Locally is what I meant. I know it isn't open to the internet. I thought maybe you'd have a bunch of grandchildren snooping around sometimes.