Char test

? ? ? n=0

Ok, now lets see if that comes back nornal when read.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

nope, can't get it to display as it should be. oh well.

Trying to use the extended char set to show real math.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

? ? ° ± ¼ ³ ´ µ ¶ · ¸ ¹ º » ½ ¾ ¿

Works here :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

well it must be my client that is trimming it then, cause I can see yours.

I'll have to research that..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Are you entering 4 digits on the numeric keypad? alt+0181 = º alt+181 = ¦ Art

Reply to
Artemus

Good point. Some clients (and text editors) can't cope with alt+three-digits. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

The three digit version is the PC-DOS/MS-DOS code page format (typically Code page 437/850),

The four digit format is for Windows code pages (CP-1252).

Reply to
upsidedown

it seems that my client changes the char values when I do something with the file, like save it or send it. If I reload it and view it the values have been changed however they work.

I found that if I use Terminal as a font, Note pad will not convert the chars when saving or clipboarding but, my client for some reason will not let me select TERMINAL as a font. SO, there we go. But here is the weird thing, I can read any file or post that has these values, I just can not get my client to stop converting them before sending..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie