Altium Designer 6 routing design rules question

Hi everybody, Is there a way in Altium 6 to specify a routing rule which defines that a particular class of nets can be routed on a particular layer but not go over a certain area? It's like having a keepout but only for a certain class of nets.

Thanks, Patrick

Reply to
pacikk

Patrick, I am not sure that there is any easy way to define such an exclusion zone for a particular net class. The whole logic of Altium rules tends to be rules to allow actions rather than disallow. The only suggestion I could make would be to route those nets while placing some form of a keepout arrangement (fills, layer specific keepouts or polygon) in that particular area, later remove it or temporarily shift it to another or non-routing layer.

--
Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

"pacikk"  wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
>  Is there a way in Altium 6 to specify a routing rule which defines
> that a particular class of nets can be routed on a particular layer
> but not go over a certain area?
> It\'s like having a keepout but only for a certain class of nets.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

Reply to
Brad Velander

Hi Brad, thanks again for the reply. I'll definitely take up your suggestion of routing the designing in 2 steps, first with the keepout and the net class in question and then removing the keepout to route the remainder of the nets. It should work nicely.

Regards, Patrick

Reply to
pacikk