Latest threads in Electronics Down Undershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

anybody here familiar with 3D printers from ALDI/office works?
I have a auto. coffee machine with a busted Gear & was wondering if it was possible to replace the gear by 3D printing it. It is a significant piece as it compresses the ground coffee with plunger...
26
26

variable speed single phase AC capacitor motor
Sounds kind of wrong. However that's what's in my Breezair evaporative Aircon, and it has a short. It is what appears to be a split capacitor motor, 550W. Since the auxiliary winding with the...
1
1

Found elsewhere

High fashion crystal oscillator?
$142.20 Is this the crystal oscillator equivalent of those absurdly expensive speaker cables? Sylvia.
2
2

IBM Model M Keyboard
Anyone tried reassembling these things? I've got an M2 which had the common faulty capacitor problem. Caps replaced and the electronics are now working fine, but after hours of positioning springs and...
7
7

Aldi charger
I have a few Aldi intelligent chargers and they blow up, has anyone else had this problem? The older of the two I can find at the moment has this. the newer has a similar PWN current mode controller...
9
9

current carrying
I am getting befuddled, I asked google about current being constant for a given cable for differing voltages it goes on about tables and derating etc Which I can find for myself. It all started at a...
1
1

Current carrying capacity
No, it is *not* the same at different voltages, not by a long chalk. The voltage drop for a given current at a given length *is* the same. Neglecting the issue of waste heat, this means that the...
1
1

Electric Mushrooms
A bit more complicated than with lemons, but: "Researchers at Stevens Institute of Technology have developed bionic mushrooms that uses graphene to produce electricity. More accurately, the...
1
1

Samsung LA19R71B not accepting antenna input
The Samsung LA19R71B is a 19" LCD TV. I was using it with the RF output of my Commodore C64C. Channel search works but no channels are detected.
4
4

Ponder this.
4
4

TOA ER-58 Megaphone Microphone
I've been trying to get an old ex-army megaphone going. As is, you press the talk button on the mic and hear a pop from the speaker, but can scream for all your life and not get anything else out of...
9
9

So much for the global lithium shortage
I can't rember if this was the newsgroup that had the thread. Warning, don't have a cuppa in your hand whilst listening.
4
4

Car Toys
What do people have in the add on electronics device area? We've just take delivery of a new vehicle that "networks' via bluetooth and USB; aka icons in smartphone manual indicate ipod, apple car...

Float charge 12v car battery?
I have a 'parts car' that has a good battery that I don't want to die due to negligence. I don't have a battery charger and was wondering if I can re-purpose an Asian LED driver and laptop PSU to...
19
19