Samsung LA19R71B not accepting antenna input

The Samsung LA19R71B is a 19" LCD TV. I was using it with the RF output of my Commodore C64C. Channel search works but no channels are detected.

Reply to
Lucifer

Does the C64 have a RF modulated output or just a composite video signal?

You may need a modulator.

Reply to
Waussie

Not sure what your problem is there, hopefully you plugged the RF output into the RF input on the TV even though it connects from an RCA socket on the C64, if you plugged it into a Composite (yellow) input on the TV then that's your problem.

Of course you'd have to make sure it's scanning for analogue channels, not digital.

Picture quality and compatibility is likely to be better if you buy (or already have? They were common, also easy to make) one of the C64 AV cables off Ebay which will plug into an AV port on the TV. Ideally an old CRT TV will work and look better than an LCD, but it will probably work.

--

I have the proper cable with RCA one end and old style antenna plug the other and it was working. I don't have an AV cable and I'm reluctant to spend any more money on the C64. I foolishly spent $30 buying a balance board for my WII and I can't give the WII away.

Reply to
Lucifer

Presumably the TV still picks up stations via the RF input. Perhaps it's something like the way the RF cable is bent when you plug it in to that particular TV which has begun causing it to break the circuit. Similarly the connectors on the TV and C64 could be affected by pressure applied in that particular way.

Just have to wait thirty years like the C64 and you might get your money back. :)

--