What is this called?

Corvid wrote in news:r8o9os$p6b$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Find a marsh and cattails and you will find red breasted blackbirds.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Electric wholesaler or jaycar

Reply to
F Murtz

We have both here, gigantic crows and bigger ravens. After careful research, we have found that the scrub bluejays in our tree prefer Fritos to any other snack. When I put some out, the big birds descend like black helicopters, and a fight begins. The jays usually win. Sometimes a squirrel is involved.

There seems to be a burst of wildlife in our neighborhood during this lockdown, especially birds; I don't understand why. We took a walk in Glen Canyon yesterday and the birds were ear-splitting. It sounded like the soundtrack from a Tarzan movie.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Our bird feeder is mobbed with scrub jays. They are so aggressive, almost nothing else will compete with them, except... doves! A single bitty-beaked dove can keep a mob of jays watching from the sidelines.

Reply to
Corvid

Which is a shame when the alternative could be much much worse.

--
Shaun.

in the DSM"
David Melville

~misfit~

Why wear a mask when you can just put a bag on your head?

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

I don't wanna. And you don't get to see OUR red-winged blackbirds.

Reply to
Corvid

Never went grey as such, hair fell out instead - shortcut the system.

I would love it if my hair went *shaggy*. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

Corvid wrote in news:r8qsgr$nta$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

WTF are you mumbling about now? I could be right up the street and see the SAME birds as those you call "OUR" I am not the person from earlier in the thread. And where the f*ck is your "our" at, boy? I have the audubon bird app on my iPad. I can see any bird I wish. AND I have the web. I can see all the giant extinct birds too. Gobble up a mouthy twerp like you in one nibble.

The world needs one less asswipe. Go back in time and get eaten by a giant black bird. I posted about a 'black' bird, and you got all convoluted. Fuck that.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I hope to be there for your Tibetan Sky Burial.

Listen, son, the discussion is about Corvids. Don't come barging in with your black-backed redbirds.

Reply to
Corvid

Corvid wrote in news:r95hm2$75k$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

So go jump off a tall bridge, dipshit.

You are even more clueless that DoeTard is.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Wow! Talk about thread drift.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

More like thread theft.

Reply to
John S

It's not politics or viruses. Most everybody likes birds.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

True. At my last place of residence we started feeding some kookaburras. Two at first. But this feeding made them very successful breeders, and in just a few years, there were twelve of them (kookaburra offspring stay to help bring up siblings in later years), with apparently all the offspring having survived (usually, only 50% survive a year).

We were giving them a kilo of beef a week, which gets expensive.

But they're incredibly cute.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

They are better then sulphur crested cockatoos, which stat demolishing your house splinter by splinter for amusement. It must be time for annual birds-eating-my-house news item.

Reply to
news18

Had that problem too. I ended up reinforcing some of my window frames with strips of colour-bond steel.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

The previous owners of my sisters house used to keep birds in a large'ish outside bird cage, say 3mtrs by 1mtr by 2mtr high ..... until the travelling cockies ripped a hole through the roof!!

--
Daniel
Reply to

In my case it is a Hans macaw /in/ my mother's house.

I hand shaped sheet aluminimum to prevent the little darling getting at a lintel in a 2ft thick wall. Furniture is protected by sheets .

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Galahs are worse, at Woomera we had to cover the cable trays on the dish to stop them eating the rubber covered cables. NASA sent us an expensive polyfoam cover for one of the small dishes that lasted about 10 minutes. At Carnarvon tracking station we had a couple of MF horizontal yagis, the bloody things used to perch on the elements and bounce till they broke.

Reply to
keithr0