Where would a car radio find analog TV?

I'm looking for a replacemwent car radio, and this one says it has "analog TV". I know that means it can play the image from its rear-view camera, but what other sources of analog TV exist? (I know there are still, or were, low-power analog tv stations but I mean "could exist be provided to this device".)

It also says it plays many formats including "DVD, DVD-RAM", so that means IIUC it can play a digital DVD video? So analog TV must be in addition to that?

FWIW, here's the whole ad

micky

BTW, I'm not going to watch videos while I drive and most likely never. I just wanted to understand what was meant.

Reply to
micky

I wouldn't trust anything in that listing.

It seems to be promoted (misleading) as some kind of Sony, but appears to be a HIZPO.

A similar ad on Amazon says "analog tv" which I'm assuming from lack of other information, it's the old NTSC so low power stations would be it. I think we only have one left here in Chicago, and it's just a traffic map with some radio station for audio.

It appears along the top is a slot-fed dvd/cd player, so I'm assuming if you slide a disc in, it'll play it.

I'd look it up on Amazon (hizpo), pick one close and read the reviews on the product. Average price seems to be around $100 and appears only to be worth that.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

Aha.

There was a restaurant in Baltimore namemd Sony's or Sony, after the owner, but Sony Electronics got it to change its name. I guess they thought the food would be confused with a television.

Wait til they find out about this.

Thanks. I may do that for curiousity, but I think you've convinced me I don't want it.

More importantly you explained what analog tv probably means.

Reply to
micky

368

ther

we

you

the

th

I've never been a conspiracy theorist or cotton to the idea that any mistak e is automatically intentional. That said, I've seen lots of misunderstand ing due to Chinglish. When it's in a product description one might make th e case that it's intentionally misleading but when it's in the instruction sheet that comes with the product, what else can it be?

You would think that given China's direct export market, there would be a s ervice where an add copy can be emailed to a worker who can convert it to p roper (if not the King's) English, French, Spanish, etc.

Reply to
John-Del

It is one thing to mis-translate. But, what if one does not understand that it is a mis-translation?

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

I'm not sure my impression is accurate, but I've noticed a lot more Chinglish errors in the last year.

I have a friend who is a technical translater, from (somewhat) bad English to good English.

She's also been to Japan and is working on learning Japanese, but I don't think she'll ever be able to get paid for it. (I think she'll be lucky if she can order dinner!)

Reply to
micky