USB TV Tuner

same shit different day.

Reply to
keithr

You'll have also noted that most analogue antennae are VHF and UHF combined. One section for VHF, one for UHF. The VHF section will have issues, the UHF may or may not have issues. Then again, you probably wouldn't have noticed anyway!

--

Krypsis
Reply to

My antenna for the loungeroom is VHF only but picks up UHF quite fine on either analogue or digital. Don't have anything special for UHF. Line of sight to transmitters however.

--

Krypsis
Reply to

"Krypsis = Krackpot "

** You have never done that - ever.

Fuck off NUT CASE !!

Reply to
Phil Allison

LOL! look who's talkin!

Reply to
felix_unger

"felix_unger"

** FFS - look what piece of autistic excreta just poked its head out the sewer.

Peeeeuuuukkkkeee...........

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

keithr wrote

Pigs arse they do.

Fraid so.

Irrelevant to why mast head amps are worthwhile in your new town.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Pretzl wrote

And likely its very marginal for the 7 mux and you havent even noticed.

Because it was very marginal for the 7 mux and you didn't even notice until it dropped out.

Do you know how to see what signal level and signal quality you are getting with each mux ?

It may be that the 7 mux is pretty marginal at your place regardless of antenna.

That might be fixed by a better antenna or even just by pointing it better.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Krypsis wrote

You never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Krypsis wrote

Some do, some don't.

Nothing to do with that with digital TV.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Each TV station on my TV shows signal strength (mux) all in Digital were showing 80% (red,orange,green bars) 7 was more than ½ way in green zone. Then nothing.

The Antenna is old but I can't work out why signal strength disappeared completely like it was turned off. Suggests something blocking it? Yet I have clear line of site to Centrepoint. I rarely watch 7 group at any rate so not motivated in doing anything right now. I'm waiting for the NBN to hook up and get PROPER TV from USA and it's cheap.

--
Petzl
Reply to

"keith ratbag = LIAR "

** Do not believe this LIAR.

His claims are deliberately false and / or missing crucial details.

MHA are not of any use with such short cable runs.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Have fun explaining why it was virtually impossible to get a picture without the MHA. There is a difference between a mast head amp and a distribution amp as used in blocks of flats in case you didn't know.

Reply to
keithr

Where I live, mast head amps are not just worthwhile, they are essential,

Reply to
keithr

"keith ratbag = LIAR"

** Do not believe this LIAR.

His claims are deliberately false and / or missing crucial details.

MHA are not of any use with such short cable runs.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Pretzl wrote

What about the signal quality.

It may be they changed the transmitter producing that mux.

That's possible. You can get the effect of a trap at that frequency with a fault.

Did your neighbours lose the 7 mux when you did ?

What little I do watch of the commercial channels I do normally watch that more the 9 and more than 10 in spades. I watch f*ck all on the 10 group.

Taint gunna happen for you, like I said. They only have 15 months and are rolling out sweet f*ck all at the moment because they are waiting for the agreement with Telstra to get signed and approved by the ACCC so they can do it cheaper. You aint gunna get it, you watch.

Yes, that would happen if it ever did happen. But it wont.

That wont happen. And all you would have got is whats on PayTV right now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

keithr wrote

No there isnt on how they work in poor signal areas.

If there is f*ck all signal at that antenna connector, no mast head amp will do a damned thing about that.

If the signal at the antenna connector is barely adequate, a mast head amp does avoid any loss at all in the cable and that can see an adequate signal at the TV etc.

That's why you see that effect with a mast head amp in poor signal areas.

Reply to
Rod Speed

keithr wrote

That's because the antenna needs to be at a decent height in that area an that means that there is a decent run of cable to the TV etc and so a substantial loss in the cable because its UHF. So its worth using a mast head amp so there is no loss in the cable at all.

Reply to
Rod Speed

The picture was very clear almost 3D effect Can only measure strength with TV for each channel frequency. TV also gives the frequency range. Don't have anything for determining quality or even know of one

My immediate neighbour's just use Analogue and Fox

Can watch 7 in analogue if I have to

Well according to NBN I'll have it by then.

Won't know what's happening in OZ any more

Well I suspect Telstra will also object if the NBN was stopped

Quick Telstra summary: No share buy-back for the time being $0.28 dividend to be maintained for FY12 and FY13 Board is aiming to increase dividends in FY14 and beyond This is subject to the timing of the NBN rollout, the reduction in revenue from the fixed line business, and the various issues such as regulatory and *political challenges* the company will continue to face.

--
Petzl
Reply to

once again.. look who's talkin!