Tv reception - Page 5

Re: Tv reception
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 17:22:54 +1100, "Rod Speed"

OK Digital Antennas
But the local Antenna installers advertise "digital aerial"
instalation.
--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.

** Of course they do -  they know very well what side their bread is buttered on.

The word "digital" equates to magic in the minds of many consumers.

....  Phil

Re: Tv reception

There is no such thing as a digital antenna for TV in this country.

Just more sales bullshit. Yes it's a better antenna than your previous one,
but there is nothing digital about it, its just as analog as the old one.

Re: Tv reception
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 03:26:22 +1100, "Rod Speed"

OK a recieving Digital Antennas!
F Murtz should able to see what signal he gets on his TV mines 9 out
of 10. the old was 3-4 out of 10
--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
Re: Tv reception

Still no such animal. There is no difference between a
receiving digital antenna and a receiving analog antenna.

That's just how well it performs, nothing to do with it being digital.

Re: Tv reception

Re: Tv reception
What are you measuring it with?
I have a signal strength meter which has a meter calibrated one to ten
but the scale has nothing to do with the scale of transmitted strength
it is just a means of measuring best signal for direction it will not
measure total strength out of ten from min to max transmitted as you
adjust the range with a pot

Re: Tv reception

The TV's themselves have a signal strenght reading
just push "info" on TV remote controler

Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
Re: Tv reception

Some do and they vary as to scale and implimentation. Sure tha flash ones
have all of the gee-gaws but lesser TVs not so much.
--
Shaun.

Re: Tv reception

Pressed info, says nothing about signal strength.

Re: Tv reception

They don't all access that display that way. Look at the manual, there are
few digital TVs that don't have the signal strength display somewhere.

Re: Tv reception
By changing control from PVR to tv and going to menu and then channel I
can then get signal strength for the channel I am on then doing it for
each channel in turn I found strengths ranging from 69 to 90 something.

Re: Tv reception

7 -9 out of 10 means it's not the Antenna
--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
Re: Tv reception
As I said it was the led light fitting, fixed since I put ferrite fore
and aft of the electronic transformer, just took many months to figure out

Re: Tv reception

I believe you now all info has been looked at
--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
Re: Tv reception
Something strange has happened recently also, I am now getting
Wollongong and sometimes sydney

Re: Tv reception

That's actually annoying as when you update your TV search it comes up
with a lot of fuzzy channels. On my TV can't delete them
--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.
Re: Tv reception

Likely because the kitchen light isnt obliterating them
anymore if that happens with the kitchen light on.

Re: Tv reception
not sure the kitchen light has much to do with reception of Wollongong
as the kitchen light is only 6 months or so old and before that
Wollongong reception was iffy, it is only recently I have noticed better
reception. It could be my fiddling before I discovered the light problem
may have made better connection in some thing like the masthead power
supply or various coax plugs.

Re: Tv reception

The first thing one should get is signal strength shown on TV